Notice: Undefined variable: author in /var/www/quotesby.net/public_html/author.php on line 7
richard lovelace Quotes
Notice: Undefined variable: file in /var/www/quotesby.net/public_html/author.php on line 38
Richard Lovelace Quotes
Read about file extension history in file extension history DB.
- Love, then unstinted, Love did sip, And cherries plucked fresh from the lip; On cheeks and roses free he fed; Lasses like autumn plums did drop, And lads indifferently did crop A flower and a maidenhead.
- Poor verdant fool, and now green ice! thy joys, Large and as lasting as thy perch of grass, Bid us lay in 'gainst winter rain, and poise Their floods with an o'erflowing glass.
- If to be absent were to be Away from thee; Or that when I am gone, You and I were alone; Then, my Lucasta, might I crave Pity from blust'ring wind, or swallowing wave.
- Though Seas and Land betwixt us both, Our Faith and Troth, Like separated soules, All time and space controules: Above the highest sphere wee meet Unseene, unknowne, and greet as Angels greet.
- Tell me not, sweet, I am unkind, That from the nunnery Of thy chaste breast and quiet mind, To war and arms I fly.
- Yet this inconstancy is such As you too shall adore; I could not love thee, dear, so much, Loved I not honor more.
- Here we'll strip and cool our fire In cream below, in milk-baths higher; And when all wells are drawn dry, I'll drink a tear out of thine eye.
- Then, if when I have lov'd my round, Thou prov'st the pleasant she, With spoils of meaner beauties crown'd I laden will return to thee, Ev'n sated with variety.
- Oh, could you view the melody Of every grace And music of her face, You'd drop a tear; Seeing more harmony In her bright eye Than now you hear.
- When I lie tangled in her hair, And fettered to her eye, The gods that wanton in the air Know no such liberty.
- Stone walls do not a prison make, Nor iron bars a cage; Minds innocent and quiet take That for an hermitage; If I have freedom in my love, And in my soul am free, Angels alone that soar above Enjoy such liberty.
- Then Love, I beg, when next thou takest thy bow, Thy angry shafts, and dost heart-chasing go, Pass rascal deer, strike me the largest doe.
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On |
Notice: Undefined variable: daymonth_birthdate in /var/www/quotesby.net/public_html/author.php on line 136
|Who Also Died On |
Notice: Undefined variable: daymonth_deathdate in /var/www/quotesby.net/public_html/author.php on line 136
Copyright © www.quotesby.net