richard steele Quotes
Richard Steele QuotesBirth Date: 1672-03-12 (Saturday, March 12th, 1672)
Discover how to find info about file extension apk with articles and other interesting information.
- Though her mien carries much more invitation than command, to behold her is an immediate check to loose behavior; to love her is a liberal education.
- Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body.
- I am come to a tavern alone to eat a steak, after which I shall return to the office.
- I was going home two hours ago, but was met by Mr. Griffith, who has kept me ever since. I will come within a pint of wine.
- A little in drink, but at all times yr faithful husband.
- The finest woman in nature should not detain me an hour from you; but you must sometimes suffer the rivalship of the wisest men.
- When you fall into a man's conversation, the first thing you should consider is, whether he has a greater inclination to hear you, or that you should hear him.
- Of all the affections which attend human life, the love of glory is the most ardent.
- Age in a virtuous person, of either sex, carries in it an authority which makes it preferable to all the pleasures of youth.
- Among all the diseases of the mind there is not one more epidemical or more pernicious than the love of flattery.
- Will Honeycomb calls these over-offended ladies the outrageously virtuous.
- A favor well bestowed is almost as great an honor to him who confers it as to him who receives it.
- No man was ever so completely skilled in the conduct of life, as not to receive new information from age and experience:
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On March 12th||Who Also Died On |
Copyright © www.quotesby.net