steve biko Quotes
Steve Biko QuotesBirth Date: 1946-12-18 (Wednesday, December 18th, 1946)
Date of Death: 1977-09-12 (Monday, September 12th, 1977)
Discover how to find info about file extension apk with articles and other interesting information.
steve biko life timeline
|South African anti-apartheid activist Steve Biko is killed in police custody.||Monday, September 12th, 1977|
- The basic tenet of black consciousness is that the black man must reject all value systems that seek to make him a foreigner in the country of his birth and reduce his basic human dignity.
- Even today, we are still accused of racism. This is a mistake. We know that all interracial groups in South Africa are relationships in which whites are superior, blacks inferior. So as a prelude whites must be made to realize that they are only human, not superior. Same with blacks. They must be made to realize that they are also human, not inferior.
- 'You are either alive and proud or you are dead, and when you are dead, you can't care anyway,'
- 'Apartheid - both petty and grand - is obviously evil. Nothing can justify the arrogant assumption that a clique of foreigners has the right to decide on the lives of a majority'
- The most potent weapon in the hands of the oppressor is the mind of the oppressed.
- The logic behind white domination is to prepare the black man for the subservient role in this country. Not so long ago this used to be freely said in parliament, even about the educational system of the black people. It is still said even today, although in a much more sophisticated language. To a large extent the evil-doers have succeeded in producing at the output end of their machine a kind of black man who is man only in form. This is the extent to which the process of dehumanization has advanced.
- The system concedes nothing without demand, for it formulates its very method of operation on the basis that the ignorant will learn to know, the child will grow into an adult and therefore demands will begin to be made. It gears itself to resist demands in whatever way it sees fit.
- 'In time, we shall be in a position to bestow on South Africa the greatest possible gift-a more human face.
- In time, we shall be in a position to bestow on South Africa the greatest possible gift - a more human face.
- It is better to die for an idea that will live, than to live for an idea that will die.
- The power of a movement lies in the fact that it can indeed change the habits of people. This change is not the result of force but of dedication, of moral persuasion.
- You are not alone Blackman
- 'Even today, we are still accused of racism. This is a mistake. We know that all interracial groups in South Africa are relationships in which whites are superior, blacks inferior. So as a prelude whites must be made to realise that they are only human, not superior. Same with blacks. They must be made to realise that they are also human, not inferior.'
- 'It is better to die for an idea that will live, than to live for an idea that will die.'
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On December 18th||Who Also Died On September 12th|
Copyright © www.quotesby.net