steve mcnair Quotes
Steve McNair QuotesBirth Date: 1973-02-14 (Wednesday, February 14th, 1973)
Discover how to find info about file extension apk with articles and other interesting information.
- 'I'm out there to play football. Regardless of what numbers I put up, people talk about not throwing touchdowns, or not getting 300 yards passing. You have to do what it takes to win.'
- 'I've never believed anyone could put more pressure on me than I put on myself. People expect great things from me. I expect great things from myself.'
- 'It was the family tradition. I wanted to live up to the name-McNair.'
- 'Pressure is what you make of it. It makes me play harder.'
- 'When I get on the field, I feel unstoppable.'
- 'I'm a country guy from Mississippi who keeps it simple.'
- 'I think I've always had the abilities, but the object has been to perform as well as I can.'
- 'I've learned to be patient. When I was younger I rushed things a lot. I tried to attack the game. Now I get teammates more involved before I try to take over.'
- 'I'm not out trying to prove anything. All I'm trying to do is go out there and help my team any way I can to win. I don't get caught up in the individual stats or the awards.'
- 'I really find myself doing a lot better when I'm injured, so sometimes I look forward to it. This is the style that I play-being physical, running the football, making adjustments on the pass, avoiding the rush. Those sorts of things go with the total package of a quarterback.'
- 'I'm proud of where I come from. A lot of people leave Mississippi, and their claim to fame is somewhere else. But I have so many moral values that made me the person I am now.'
- 'I actually enjoy the pain. That's what gives me the fire inside to get up and keep going.'
- 'With the physical mindset I play the game with, I expect to get hurt.'
- 'The sense of urgency is real for me, because the window of opportunity is closing. Gotta get back to the Super Bowl, gotta get back there and win it.'
- 'This is a physical game. You have to play with a lot of emotion and a lot of intensity. I'm a competitor, so I do whatever it takes to win.'
- 'The tide has changed. You have to be able to improvise in today's NFL.'
- 'I want people to say when No. 9 was out on the field, he did everything humanly possible to win a ballgame.'
- 'Now he picks his spots, because he knows those hits take a toll. He sees the field more. Those are the ways he's evolved.'
- 'The guy's as talented as any quarterback who has ever played the game.'
- 'Steve has gone from the bottom to the top. He knows how to work for what he wants, and how to earn it.'
- 'He's got what I call personality under pressure.'
- 'If you were going to put together a list of all the things you can't coach-poise, ability to lead, competitiveness, responsibility-he has them all.'
- 'There has been some criticism that Steve is not pulling the ball down and running anymore. Well, he doesn't have to. He is making plays. He is recognizing defenses.'
- 'The Marines have a saying, 'Pain is weakness leaving the body.' That really applies to Steve.'
- 'No quarterback, no player comes to mind who's played through the injuries and tough situations he has. The numbers don't describe what he is as a player.'
- 'Steve captures perfectly what you want your quarterback to be.'
- 'At some point, we're going to see a quarterback who can run and throw, something truly special. Steve McNair is on the cusp of becoming that kind of quarterback.'
- 'He's about the toughest football player I've ever seen. Not the toughest quarterback-the toughest player, period.'
- 'Pain is Steve's friend. It's his motivation, his cape. He becomes Super Steve. We know when he's hurt, he's going to play better.'
- 'There's no exact science about how to stop McNair's scrambling and being able to keep outside containment. He's just a play-making athlete.'
- 'He's like the captain of the ship. As Steve goes, so this team goes.'
- 'You see the stuff he plays through, and you can't have anything but respect for him. It makes you want to play harder, play through stuff.'
- 'Michael Vick is the next Steve McNair, not the other way around. Michael hopes to one day have the experience and poise that Steve has.'
- 'There's no way I could do what he's doing. He's hands-down the toughest player in the NFL.'
- 'You can tell he loves what he's doing.'
- 'People think he's tough and he should be playing every game, but he's human. I just don't want them to turn on his when he finally says he can't play.'
- 'That joker is a warrior. He has the mentality of a linebacker playing quarterback. His toughness is unbelievable.'
- 'You've got to be ready to hit him like you're hitting a running back. Or he's going to hit you and hurt you.'
- 'I like Steve's style because his style is my style.'
- Titans Online
- NFL.com: Steve McNair.
- ESPN.com: Steve McNair.
- Official Steve McNair Fan website.
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On February 14th||Who Also Died On |
Copyright © www.quotesby.net