tori amos Quotes
Tori Amos QuotesBirth Date: 1963-08-22 (Thursday, August 22nd, 1963)
Discover how to find info about file extension apk with articles and other interesting information.
- I found the secret to life; I'm okay when everything is not okay
- That is some funky-fresh, pop lockin' shit.
- I played at clubs in Washington, D.C. to these wonderful gay men. They taught me how to become a woman.
- If I saw someone destroy a piano I'd fuckin' kill 'em. Wouldn't think twice. [It's] Just defending your best friend!
- This is very simple in the world of chicks: some are hoochies, some are not, and some should never try to be. It's no different from the idea of sports. Now, I can go on my little rowing machine for four times a week, twenty-two minutes a time, and I can feel as if I flirt with the sporting world. Similar to the idea that a woman can put on something cuter for her man, for those moments, and flirt with garments that a hoochie woman might be pushing. But never for one moment should you get confused. My little rowing machine and I cannot consider ourselves athletes. Wearing the same garment does not a hoochie woman make. So if you are a true hoochie woman, may garments below the navel always be in your future. If you are not, then please don't throw away your cotton zippy jacket.
- ...the most influential journeys I have had have been with Ayahuasca, the vine from the Amazon, the combination of that and mushrooms. They give me the trots and such! It's very much a medicine woman, medicine man's journey drug, where you go inside. It's not a social thing. It's an internal experience. I experiment with things that are usually an internal experience, because that's just what excites me. And yes, it does sometimes give me visions. But my intention when I am doing it is very different than recreational. I don't do it recreationally. I do it to go do inner work, and I'm very clear before I do it what I'm searching for. That way, there's no abuse suffered and I don't rely on it. It's just one more tool that I use sometimes.
- Yeah, there was a period in the late '80s where I was working with different shaman. Myself and a friend, Beene, would take ayahuasca - but it wouldn't be in the liquid form, it would be a freeze-dried pill - and mushrooms. Some of those trips were eighteen hours long and I'll never forget, once I ended up sitting by the bush trying to ask the flowers why they didn't like me. It's like, Why can't I be your friend? I was crawling out of my skin at that time. In my twenties I was really... I was just losing my mind.
- An angel's face is tricky to wear constantly.
- Just what God needs: one more victim. Why do we crucify ourselves?
- Got enough guilt to start my own religion.
- I've got a cat named Easter; he says, 'Will you ever learn? You're just an empty cage, girl, if you kill the bird.'
- God, sometimes you just don't come through.
- So if I die today, I'll be the happy phantom, And I'll go chasing the nuns out in the yard, ...And the atrocities of school I can forgive: The happy phantom has no right to bitch.
- Look, I'm standing naked before you; Don't you want more than my sex? I can scream as loud as your last one, But I can't claim innocence.
- So you can make me come; that doesn't make you Jesus.
- So you found a girl who thinks really deep thoughts. What's so amazing about really deep thoughts? Boy, you'd best pray that I bleed real soon -- How's that thought for you?
- Years go by Will I still be waiting For somebody else to understand Years go by If I'm stripped of my beauty And the orange clouds Raining in head Years go by Will I choke on my tears Till finally there is nothing left One more casualty You know we're too easy Easy Easy
- I think there are pieces of me you've never seen.
- I can't believe that I would keep, keep you from flying And I would cry a thousand more if that's what it takes to sail you home.
- If you know me so well, then tell me which hand I use.
- A man bites into a dry peach and says 'This peach is not good;' the peach replies 'It is not my fault that you don't know the proper use for a dry peach.'
- Give me life, give me pain, give me myself again.
- Nothing's gonna stop me from floating.
- I have got my rape hat on, honey, but I always could accessorize.
- You thought that you were the bomb, yes well so did I.
- Just having thoughts of Marianne, quickest girl in the frying pan.
- Say a word to the hangman for me, me and my baby.
- Is it sweet, your sting?
- So she prays for a prankster and lust in the marriage bed And he waits till she can give And he waits and he waits.
- And I fear my fear is greater than my faith
- Driving in my Saab, on my way to Ireland.
- I love my Saab.
- I got a Saab Convertible.
- And I started to think about this story that was taking over my car at that moment. 'Jamaica Inn' walked into my Saab and she said, 'You might not like my story because i'm not gonna tell you how it ends yet, and you need to travel it with me.
- And my Saab is so great I'm gonna marry it.
- Dark Energy. It can be found in the observable Universe. Found in ratios of 75% more than any other substance. Dark Energy. It can be found in religious extremists, in cheerleaders. To come to the conclusion that Dark signifies mean and malevolent would define 75% of the Universe as an evil force. Alternatively, to think that some cheerleaders don't have razors in their snatch is to be foolishly unarmed.
- 'Beck's bass player (Justin Meldal-Johnsen) suggested I do a cover of Slayer's 'Raining Blood,' she says applying strawberry lib balm with her pinkie. 'I was reading about what was going on in Afghanistan--the way women were being oppressed, the destruction of religious statues. And when i heard that song, i just imagined a huge juicy vagina coming out of the sky, raining blood over all those racist, misogynist fuckers.'
- 'I know that mess spelled backwards is ssem and I felt much better armed with that information.'
- (When asked which she would give up: lip gloss, wine, or high heeled shoes.) 'Which one I would give up? Lip gloss is not an option, so it's between wine and high heeled shoes. And depending on the day, I would give up either one. But I could not give up lip gloss. I would die. No, because there's no point in wearing high heel shoes without lip gloss, because your lips are dry. If you have wet lips, you can have bare feet, that's fine. If you have wine and dry lips, that's awful.'
- 'I'm not potato chips. I'm like a sardine. Not everybody likes those little suckers.'
- 'I'm a tomato freak, but sometimes you have to get it in ketchup form for people to be able to open to tomatoes.'
- 'I'm a winter girl. I like coming out when things are desolate and everybody's ready to slit their wrists.'
- 'If you call me a new-age, airy-fairy, hippie-dippy airhead I will shove my crystals up your ass.'
- 'If you allow yourself to feel the way you really feel, then maybe you won't be afraid of that feeling anymore.'
- 'The most important thing to me as a songwriter is the breath. The most important thing I could say to somebody is, 'Sometimes I just breathe you in.''
- 'When you stop putting yourself on the line, and you don't touch your own heart, how do you expect to touch other people?'
- 'The media likes to put labels on people. Polly the Sex Goddess, Bjork the Pixie, Tori the Fairy Princess'
- 'I'd like to fix her a big plate of spaghetti.'
- 'The one thing we need to understand is that if you're going to French kiss another woman, it doesn't mean you're going to be an ingenue at 40. If you're 20, it doesn't mean you're going to get wisdom. You're going to get some cute lipgloss on and a yummy feeling inside, but there's a bit of a devouring going on. When someone French kisses another woman to try and get something, that isn't passion; it's very interesting to me, an intriguing study. If you're going to French kiss somebody, French kiss a woman that can say, 'Okay, honey; okay sister, come with me and I'll show you a tongue like you've never seen before'. If you're going to walk down that road, do it! A tongue does not touch the intelligence inside another person. you know, Madonna's stayed around for 20 years, but Britney is not going to get that, and Madonna isn't going to become 20 years younger. I did not see 'I honour you' in that kiss. But that's me; that's what I saw.'
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On August 22nd||Who Also Died On |
Copyright © www.quotesby.net