william henry harrison Quotes
William Henry Harrison QuotesBirth Date: 1773-02-09 (Tuesday, February 9th, 1773)
Date of Death: 1841-04-04 (Sunday, April 4th, 1841)
Discover how to find info about file extension apk with articles and other interesting information.
william henry harrison life timeline
|William Henry Harrison dies of pneumonia becoming the first President of the United States to die in office and the one with the shortest term served.||Sunday, April 4th, 1841|
- I believe and I say it is true Democratic feeling, that all the measures of the Government are directed to the purpose of making the rich richer and the poor poorer.
- I contend that the strongest of all governments is that which is most free
- Sir, I wish you to understand the true principles of the Government. I wish them carried out. I ask nothing more.
- The American backwoodsman -- clad in his hunting shirt, the product of his domestic industry, and fighting for the country he loves, he is more than a match for the vile but splendid mercenary of a European despot.
- The chains of military despotism once fastened upon a nation, ages might pass away before they could be shaken off.
- The only legitimate right to govern is an express grant of power from the governed
- The people are the best guardians of their own rights and it is the duty of their executive to abstain from interfering in or thwarting the sacred exercise of the lawmaking functions of their government.
- The prudent capitalist will never adventure his capital . . . if there exists a state of uncertainty as to whether the Government will repeal tomorrow what it has enacted today.
- There is nothing more corrupting, nothing more destructive of the noblest and finest feelings of our nature, than the exercise of unlimited power.
- To Englishmen, life is a topic, not an activity.
william henry harrison
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On February 9th||Who Also Died On April 4th|
Copyright © www.quotesby.net