william watson Quotes
William Watson QuotesBirth Date: 1715-04-03 (Wednesday, April 3rd, 1715)
Date of Death: 1787-05-10 (Thursday, May 10th, 1787)
Discover how to find info about file extension apk with articles and other interesting information.
- April, April, Laugh thy girlish laughter; Then, the moment after, Weep thy girlish tears!
- O ye by wandering tempest sown 'Neath every alien star, Forget not whence the breath was blown That wafted you afar! For ye are still her ancient seed On younger soil let fall- Children of Britain's island-breed, To whom the Mother in her need Perchance may one day call.
- The after-silence, when the feast is o'er, And void the places where the minstrels stood, Differs in nought from what hath been before, And is nor ill nor good.
- Hate and mistrust are the children of blindness-
- Best they honor thee Who honor in thee only what is best.
- And though circuitous and obscure The feet of Nemesis how sure!
- Braying of arrogant brass, whimper of querulous reeds.
- Deemest thou labor Only is earnest? Grave is all beauty, Solemn is joy.
- Empires dissolve and peoples disappear, Song passes not away.
- In this world with starry dome, Floored with gemlike plains and seas, Shall I never feel at home, Never wholly be at ease?
- On from room to room I stray, Yet mine Host can ne'er espy, And I know not to this day, Whether guest or captive I.
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On April 3rd||Who Also Died On May 10th|
Copyright © www.quotesby.net