zachary taylor Quotes
Zachary Taylor QuotesBirth Date: 1784-11-24 (Wednesday, November 24th, 1784)
Date of Death: 1850-07-09 (Tuesday, July 9th, 1850)
Discover how to find info about file extension apk with articles and other interesting information.
zachary taylor life timeline
|Mexican-American War: The Battle of Palo Alto - Zachary Taylor defeats a Mexican force north of the Rio Grande in the first major battle of the war.||Friday, May 8th, 1846|
|Mexican-American War: General Zachary Taylor captures Monterrey.||Sunday, May 24th, 1846|
|U.S. forces led by Zachary Taylor captured the Mexican city of Monterrey.||Friday, September 25th, 1846|
|Mexican-American War: Battle of Buena VistaIn Mexico, American troops under General Zachary Taylor defeat Mexican General Antonio Lopez de Santa Anna.||Tuesday, February 23rd, 1847|
|President Zachary Taylor dies and Millard Fillmore becomes the 13th President of the United States.||Tuesday, July 9th, 1850|
|Millard Fillmore is inaugurated as the 13th President of the United States upon the death of President Zachary Taylor, 16 months into his term.||Wednesday, July 10th, 1850|
- For more than half a century, during which kingdoms and empires have fallen, this Union has stood unshaken. The patriots who formed it have long since descended to the grave; yet still it remains, the proudest monument to their memory.
- I can and shall yield to no call that does not come from the spontaneous action and free will of the nation at large and void of the slightest agency of my own. In no case can I permit myself to be a candidate of any part, or yield myself to any party schemes.
- I have always done my duty. I am ready to die. My only regret is for the friends I leave behind me.
- I have no private purpose to accomplish, no party objectives to build up, no enemies to punish-nothing to serve but my country.
- In the discharge of duties my guide will be the Constitution, which I this day swear to preserve, protect, and defend.
- It would be judicious to act with magnanimity towards a prostrate foe.
- Tell him to go to hell.
- The idea that I should become President seems to me too visionary to require a serious answer. It has never entered my head, nor is it likely to enter the head of any other person.
- The power given by the Constitution to the Executive to interpose his veto is a high conservative power; but in my opinion it should never be exercised except in cases of clear violation of the Constitution, or manifest haste and want of due consideration by Congress.
- Upon its preservation must depend our own happiness and that of countless generations to come. Whatever dangers may threaten it, I shall stand by it and maintain it in its integrity to the full extent of the obligations imposed and the power conferred upon me by the Constitution.
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On November 24th||Who Also Died On July 9th|
Copyright © www.quotesby.net