- We got a good win today. I'm going to be there offensively, there's no question in my mind. But it feels good to contribute in some other way.
- 'I'm excited (after hitting for the cycle), but I guess it hasn't hit me yet. I'm only the second Mariner to do it and the other is Jay Buhner, who can't run.'
- 'I'm not a real vocal guy, but sometimes you need to kick someone in the ass.'
- 'Why do people sing Take Me Out to The Ballgame when they're already there?'
- 'Always follow your dreams; don't let anyone tell you that you can't be something.'
- 'I'd rather have a Gold Glove (Award) than a Silver Slugger (Award). Defense is so much more of a team game, and one of my goals this year was to make fewer than 25 errors.'
- 'I'm having a hard time finding a date. I don't trust any women I meet. I'm very skeptical.'
- 'Keep reading books, stay in school. I encourage kids to read as much as they can; I challenge you to read a book every two weeks, like I try to.'
- 'Like I say, it's almost embarrassing to talk about. I don't know if Michael Jordan or Bill Gates or Alexander the Great or anyone is worth this type of money, but that's the market we're in today. That's what Mr. Hicks decided to pay me, and now it's time to pay him back and win a couple championships.' -
- 'The great thing is that he's always looking to improve. How good can he be? Well, we're talking about a guy who is Hall of Fame caliber.' --Lou Piniella
- 'It is very tough for a ballplayer to get proud and to keep his dignity. There is not much difference between love and hate.' --Ichiro Suzuki, Mariners outfielder, through a translator, on Alex Rodriguez being booed on his return to Seattle. April 17, 2001 
- 'Alex is one person, and as it's been shown in New York, one person can't win a championship. He couldn't do it here. He can't do it there. You have to have a team, and you've got to have pitching.' --Rangers owner Tom Hicks, December 24, 2006