bill watterson Quotes
Bill Watterson QuotesBirth Date: 1958-07-05 (Saturday, July 5th, 1958)
Discover how to find info about file extension apk with articles and other interesting information.
- I hope some historian will confirm that I was the first cartoonist to use the word 'booger' in a newspaper comic strip.
- So, what's it like in the real world? Well, the food is better, but beyond that, I don't recommend it.
- You can lead people to truth, but you can't make them understand it: the story of my youth, as seen from the present.
- If you ever want to find out just how uninteresting you really are, get a job where the quality and frequency of your thoughts determine your livelihood. I've found that the only way I can keep writing every day, year after year, is to let my mind wander into new territories. To do that, I've had to cultivate a kind of mental playfulness.
- We're not really taught how to recreate constructively. We need to do more than find diversions; we need to restore and expand ourselves. Our idea of relaxing is all too often to plop down in front of the television set and let its pandering idiocy liquefy our brains. Shutting off the thought process is not rejuvenating; the mind is like a car battery- it recharges by running.
- Selling out is usually more a matter of buying in. Sell out, and you're really buying into someone else's system of values, rules and rewards.
- Such is American business, I guess, where the desire for obscene profit mutes any discussion of conscience.
- Creating a life that reflects your values and satisfies your soul is a rare achievement. In a culture that relentlessly promotes avarice and excess as the good life, a person happy doing his own work is usually considered an eccentric, if not a subversive. Ambition is only understood if it's to rise to the top of some imaginary ladder of success. Someone who takes an undemanding job because it affords him the time to pursue other interests and activities is considered a flake. A person who abandons a career in order to stay home and raise children is considered not to be living up to his potential-as if a job title and salary are the sole measure of human worth. You'll be told in a hundred ways, some subtle and some not, to keep climbing, and never be satisfied with where you are, who you are, and what you're doing. There are a million ways to sell yourself out, and I guarantee you'll hear about them.
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On July 5th||Who Also Died On |
Copyright © www.quotesby.net