chester a. arthur Quotes
Chester A. Arthur QuotesBirth Date: 1829-10-05 (Monday, October 5th, 1829)
Date of Death: 1886-11-18 (Thursday, November 18th, 1886)
Discover how to find info about file extension apk with articles and other interesting information.
chester a. arthur life timeline
|Chester A. Arthur is inaugurated as the 21st President of the United States following the assassination of James Garfield.||Tuesday, September 20th, 1881|
- There are very many characteristics which go into making a model civil servant. Prominent among them are probity, industry, good sense, good habits, good temper, patience, order, courtesy, tact, self-reliance, many deference to superior officers, and many consideration for inferiors.
- Indiana was really, I suppose, a Democratic State. It has always been put down in the book as a state that might be carried by a close and careful and perfect organization and a great deal of- [from audience: 'soap,' in reference to purchased votes, the word being followed by laughter]. I see reporters here, and therefore I will simply say that everybody showed a great deal of interest in the occasion, and distributed tracts and political documents all through the country.
- The extravagant expenditure of public money is an evil not to be measured by the value of that money to the people who are taxed for it.
- I trust the time is nigh when, with the universal assent of civilized people, all international differences shall be determined without resort to arms by the benignant processes of civilization.
- Experience has shown that the trade of the East is the key to national wealth and influence.
- Men may die, but the fabric of our free institutions remains unshaken.
- What a pleasant lot of fellows they are. What a pity they have so little sense about politics. If they lived North the last one of them would be Republicans.
- The office of the Vice-President is a greater honor than I ever dreamed of attaining.
- Honors to me now are not what they once were.
- Madam, I may be President of the United States, but my private life is nobody's damn business.
- I don't think we had better go into the minute secrets of the campaign, so far as I know them, because I see the reporters are present, who are taking it all down.
- Since I came here I have learned that Chester A. Arthur is one man and the President of the United States is another.
chester a. arthur
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On October 5th||Who Also Died On November 18th|
Copyright © www.quotesby.net