david sedaris Quotes
David Sedaris QuotesBirth Date: 1956-12-26 (Wednesday, December 26th, 1956)
Discover how to find info about file extension apk with articles and other interesting information.
- 'I love things made out of animals,' Sedaris says, holding a knife with a hoof for a handle. 'It's just so funny to think of someone saying, 'I need a letter opener. I guess I'll have to kill a deer.''
- Shit is the tofu of cursing.
- My hands tend to be full enough dealing with people who hate me for who I am. Concentrate too hard on the millions of people who hate you for what you are and you're likely to turn into one of those unkempt, sloppy dressers who sag beneath the weight of the two hundred political buttons they wear pinned to their coats and knapsacks.
- I haven't got the slightest idea how to change people, but still I keep a long list of prospective candidates just in case I should ever figure it out.
- 'You kids think you invented sex,' my mother was fond of saying. But hadn't we? With no instruction manual or federally enforced training period, didn't we all come away feeling we'd discovered something unspeakably modern? What produced in others a feeling of exhilaration left Jason and me with a mortifying feeling of guilt. We fled the room as if, in our fumblings, we had uncapped some virus we still might escape if we ran fast enough. Had one of the counselors not caught me scaling the fence, I felt certain I could have made it back to Raleigh by morning, skittering across the surface of the ocean like one of those lizards often featured on television wildlife programs.
- They were nothing like the French people I had imagined. If anything, they were too kind, too generous and too knowledgeable in the fields of plumbing and electricity.
- Why refer to Lady Crack Pipe or Good Sir Dishrag when these things could never live up to all that their sex implied?
- After a few months in my parents' basement, I took an apartment near the state university, where I discovered both crystal methamphetamine and conceptual art. Either one of the these things are dangerous, but in combination they have the potential to destroy entire civilizations.
- For the first twenty years of my life I rocked myself to sleep. It was a harmless enough hobby, but eventually I had to give it up. Throughout the next twenty-two years I lay still and discovered that after a few minutes I could drop off with no problem. Follow seven beers with a couple of scotches and a thimble of good marijuana, and it's funny how sleep just sort of comes on its own. Often I never even make it to bed. I'd squat down to pet the cat and wake up on the floor eight hours later, having lost a perfectly good excuse to change my clothes. I'm now told that this is not called 'going to sleep' but rather 'passing out,' a phrase that carries a distinct hint of judgment.
- She is, like most of my friends, a terrible judge of character.
- You can't kill the Rooster. You might can fuck him up a little sometimes, but you can't kill him.
- I ain't seen pussy in so long I'd throw stones at it.
- If finding an apartment is like falling in love, buying one is like proposing on your first date and agreeing not to see each other until the wedding.
- ... name association was big, as were my presumed interests in vaudeville and politics. In St. Louis the Bow tie was characterized as 'very Charlie McCarthy', while in Chicago a young man defined it as 'the pieced eyebrow of the Republican party'.
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On December 26th||Who Also Died On |
Copyright © www.quotesby.net