edgard varese Quotes
Edgard Varese QuotesBirth Date: 1883-12-22 (Saturday, December 22nd, 1883)
Date of Death: 1965-11-06 (Saturday, November 6th, 1965)
Discover how to find info about file extension apk with articles and other interesting information.
- Our musical alphabet is poor and illogical. Music, which should pulsate with life, needs new means of expression, and science alone can infuse it with youthful vigor. Why, Italian Futurists, have you slavishly reproduced only what is commonplace and boring in the bustle of our daily lives. I dream of instruments obedient to my thought and which with their contribution of a whole new world of unsuspected sounds, will lend themselves to the exigencies of my inner rhythm.
- There is an idea, the basis of an internal structure, expanded and split into different shapes or groups of sound constantly changing in shape, direction, and speed, attracted and repulsed by various forces. The form of the work is a consequence of this interaction. Possible musical forms are as limitless as the exterior forms of crystals.
- I was not influenced by composers as much as by natural objects and physical phenomena. As a child, I was tremendously impressed by the qualities and character of the granite I found in Burgundy, where I often visited my grandfather...So I was always in touch with things of stone and with this kind of pure structural architecture--without frills or unnecessary decoration. All of this became an integral part of my thinking at a very early stage.
- Music is organized sound.
- The present day composer refuses to die!
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On December 22nd||Who Also Died On November 6th|
Copyright © www.quotesby.net