elinor glyn Quotes
Elinor Glyn QuotesBirth Date: 1864-10-17 (Monday, October 17th, 1864)
Date of Death: 1943-09-23 (Thursday, September 23rd, 1943)
Discover how to find info about file extension apk with articles and other interesting information.
- And loveliest sight of all, in front of the fire, stretched at full length, was his tiger - and on him - also at full length - reclined the lady, garbed in some strange clinging garment of heavy purple crepe, its hem embroidered with gold, one white arm resting on the beast's head, her back supported by a pile of the velvet cushions, and a heap of rarely bound books at her side, while between her red lips was a rose not redder than they - an almost scarlet rose.
- A madness of tender caressing seized her. She purred as a tiger might have done, while she undulated like a snake.
- No matter what he does, one always forgives him. It does not depend upon looks, either - although this actual person is abominably good-looking - it does not depend upon intelligence or character or - anything - as you say, it is just 'it'.
- To have 'It', the fortunate possessor must have that strange magnetism which attracts both sexes. He or she must be entirely unselfconscious and full of self-confidence, indifferent to the effect he or she is producing, and uninfluenced by others. There must be physical attraction, but beauty is unnecessary.
- He had that nameless charm, with a strong magnetism which can only be called 'It', and cats - as well as women - always knew when he came into the room.
- Would you please publish the enclosed manuscript or return it without delay, as I have other irons in the fire.
- Would you like to sin With Elinor Glyn On a tiger skin? Or would you prefer To err With her On some other fur?
- I have read but little of Madame Glyn. I did not know that things like It were going on. I have misspent my days. When I think of all those hours I flung away in reading Henry James and Santayana, when I might have been reading of life, throbbing, beating, perfumed life, I practically break down.
- Prudent readers will do well to hold Three Weeks at arm's length, unless they want to be cut by flying adjectives.
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On October 17th||Who Also Died On September 23rd|
Copyright © www.quotesby.net