j.k. rowling Quotes
J.K. Rowling Quotes
Read how to open files in File Open Database.
j.k. rowling life timeline
|Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince by J.K.Rowling released, selling over 9 million copies in the 24 hours after release.||Saturday, July 16th, 2005|
- The wizards represent all that the true 'muggle' most fears: They are plainly outcasts and comfortable with being so. Nothing is more unnerving to the truly conventional than the unashamed misfit!
- I absolutely did not start writing these books to encourage any child into witchcraft... I'm laughing slightly because to me, the idea is absurd. I have met thousands of children now, and not even one time has a child come up to me and said, 'Ms. Rowling, I'm so glad I've read these books because now I want to be a witch.' They see it for what it is... It is a fantasy world and they understand that completely.
- I don't believe in magic, either.
- I bumped into a woman I hadn't seen for nearly three years. The first thing she said to me? 'You've lost a lot of weight since the last time I saw you!' 'Well,' I said, slightly nonplussed, 'the last time you saw me I'd just had a baby.' What I felt like saying was, 'I've produced my third child and my sixth novel since I last saw you. Aren't either of those things more important, more interesting, than my size?' But no - my waist looked smaller! Forget the kid and the book: finally, something to celebrate!
- I've never set out to teach anyone anything. It's been more of an expression of my views and feelings than sitting down and deciding 'What is today's message?' And I do think that, although I never, again, sat down consciously and thought about this, I do think judging, even for my own daughter, that children respond to that than to 'thought for the day.'
- If you need to tell your readers something...there are only two characters that you can put it convincingly into their dialogue. One is Hermione, the other is Dumbledore. In both cases you accept, it's plausible that they have, well Dumbledore knows pretty much everything anyway, but that Hermione has read it somewhere. So, she's handy.
- I've given you more than I've given anyone else which I probably shouldn't probably say on - on screen, or they'll kidnap and torture him, and we need him.
- It would be one way to kill off the merchandising.
- And so rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life.
- We do not need magic to change the world, we carry all the power we need inside ourselves already: we have the power to imagine better.
- I think I'd most like to spend a day with Harry. I'd take him out for a meal and apologize for everything I've put him through.
- Personally, If I were Harry Potter I think I would go and hide somewhere, but that's because I know what's coming!
- It is important to remember that we all have magic inside us.
- Journalists banging on my front door! Don't like that at all.
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On ||Who Also Died On |
Copyright © www.quotesby.net