james i of england Quotes
James I of England QuotesBirth Date: 1566-06-19 (Sunday, June 19th, 1566)
Date of Death: 1625-03-27 (Thursday, March 27th, 1625)
Discover how to find info about file extension apk with articles and other interesting information.
james i of england life timeline
|The Charter of the Virginia Company of London is established by royal charter by James I of England with the purpose of establishing colonial settlements in North America.||Monday, April 10th, 1606|
|King James I of England disbands the English Parliament.||Tuesday, February 8th, 1622|
- If you aim at a Scottish presbytery, it agreeth as well with monarchy, as God and the devil. ... No bishop, no King!
- I will make them conform themselves, or else I will harry them out of the land, or else do worse.
- A custom loathsome to the eye, hateful to the nose, harmful to the brain, dangerous to the lungs, and in the black, stinking fume thereof, nearest resembling the horrible Stygian smoke of the the pit that is bottomless.
- Herein is not only a great vanity, but a great contempt of God's gifts, that the sweetness of man's breath, being a good gift of God, should be willfully corrupted by this stinking smoke.
- I acknowledge the Roman Church to be our mother church, although defiled with some infirmities and corruptions...Let [the Papists] assure themselves, that, as I am a friend of their persons, if they be good subjects, so am I a vowed enemy, and do denounce mortal war to their errors.
- That which concerns the mystery of the King's power is not lawful to be disputed; for that is to wade into the weakness of Princes, and to take away the mystical reverence that belongs unto them that sit in the throne of God.
james i of england
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On June 19th||Who Also Died On March 27th|
Copyright © www.quotesby.net