james otis Quotes
James Otis QuotesBirth Date: 1725-02-05 (Monday, February 5th, 1725)
Date of Death: 1783-05-23 (Friday, May 23rd, 1783)
Discover how to find info about file extension apk with articles and other interesting information.
- An act against the Constitution is void; an act against natural equity is void.
- Ubi libertas ibi patria
- ALL PRECEDENTS ARE UNDER THE CONTROUL OF THE PRINCIPLES OF THE LAW... No Acts of Parliament can establish such a writ [writ of assistance enabling British search of homes for no reason]: : it would be void, 'AN ACT AGAINST THE CONSTITUTION IS VOID.' Vid. Viner. But : special writs may be granted on oath and probable suspicion.
- ... [Slave] trade : is the most shocking violation of the law of nature, has a direct tendency to diminish : liberty, and makes every dealer in it a tyrant, from the director of an African company to the petty chapman [peddler]:. It is a clear truth, that those who every day barter away other men's liberty will soon care little for their own.
- A man's house is his castle.
- Dew depends not on Parliament.
- If we are not represented, we are slaves.
- It is a clear truth that those who every day barter away other men's liberty will soon care little for their own.
- Taxation without representation is tyranny.
- What must be the wealth that avarice, aided by power, cannot exhaust!
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On February 5th||Who Also Died On May 23rd|
Copyright © www.quotesby.net