john d. rockefeller Quotes
John D. Rockefeller QuotesBirth Date: 1839-07-08 (Monday, July 8th, 1839)
Date of Death: 1937-05-23 (Sunday, May 23rd, 1937)
Discover how to find info about file extension apk with articles and other interesting information.
john d. rockefeller life timeline
|John D. Rockefeller incorporates Standard Oil.||Monday, January 10th, 1870|
|John D. Rockefeller unites his oil holdings into the Standard Oil trust.||Monday, January 2nd, 1882|
|New York Governor William Sulzer approves the charter for the Rockefeller Foundation, which begins operations with a $100 million donation from John D. Rockefeller.||Wednesday, May 14th, 1913|
|John D. Rockefeller becomes the first billionaire.||Friday, September 29th, 1916|
- Charity is injurious unless it helps the recipient become independent
- I don't want a nation of thinkers, I want a nation of workers.
- I would rather hire a man with enthusiasm, than a man who knows everything.
- The American Beauty Rose can be produced in the splendor and fragrance which bring cheer to its beholder only by sacrificing the early buds which grow up around it. This is not an evil tendency in business. It is merely the working-out of a law of nature and a law of God.
- The way to make money is to buy when blood is running in the streets
- I always tried to turn every disaster into an opportunity.
- Competition is a sin.
- Do you know the only thing that gives me pleasure? It's to see my dividends coming in.
- I believe it is my duty to make money and still more money and to use the money I make for the good of my fellow man according to the dictates of my conscience.
- Don't be afraid to give up the good to go for the great.
- Don't blame the marketing department. The buck stops with the chief executive.
- Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation, Every possession, a duty.
- Good leadership consists of showing average people how to do the work of superior people.
- I believe in the dignity of labor, whether with head or hand; that the world owes no man a living but that it owes every man an opportunity to make a living.
- I believe in the supreme worth of the individual and in his right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.
- I believe that thrift is essential to well-ordered living.
- I can think of nothing less pleasurable than a life devoted to pleasure.
- I do not think that there is any other quality so essential to success of any kind as the quality of perseverance. It overcomes almost everything, even nature.
- I have ways of making money that you know nothing of.
- I know of nothing more despicable and pathetic than a man who devotes all the hours of the waking day to the making of money for money's sake.
- I would rather earn 1% off a 100 people's efforts than 100% of my own efforts.
- If you want to succeed you should strike out on new paths, rather than travel the worn paths of accepted success.
- If your only goal is to become rich, you will never achieve it.
- It is wrong to assume that men of immense wealth are always happy.
- Next to doing the right thing, the most important thing is to let people know you are doing the right thing.
- Singleness of purpose is one of the chief essentials for success in life, no matter what may be one's aim.
- The ability to deal with people is as purchasable a commodity as sugar or coffee and I will pay more for that ability than for any other under the sun.
- The most important thing for a young man is to establish a credit... a reputation, character.
- The only question with wealth is, what do you do with it?
john d. rockefeller
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On July 8th||Who Also Died On May 23rd|
Copyright © www.quotesby.net