james wilson Quotes
James Wilson QuotesBirth Date: 1812-02-29 (Saturday, February 29th, 1812)
Date of Death: 1880-02-29 (Sunday, February 29th, 1880)
Discover how to find info about file extension apk with articles and other interesting information.
- To the Constitution of the United States the term SOVEREIGN, is totally unknown.
- Man, fearfully and wonderfully made, is the workmanship of his all perfect Creator: A State; useful and valuable as the contrivance is, is the inferior contrivance of man; and from his native dignity derives all its acquired importance.
- Let a state be considered as subordinate to the people: But let everything else be subordinate to the state.
- By a State I mean, a complete body of free persons united together for their common benefit, to enjoy peaceably what is their own, and to do justice to others.
- Every juror swears that he will give a true verdict according to his evidence. The sacred obligation of this oath demands, that to unanimity truth shall not be made a sacrifice.
- That men ought to be governed, seems to have been agreed on all hands: the reason is, that, without government, they could never attain any high or permanent share of perfection or happiness. But the question has been ? by whom should they be governed? And this has been made a question, by reason of two others ? by whom can they be governed? ? are they capable of governing themselves?
- With regard, says Rousseau, to the prerogative of granting pardon to criminals, condemned by the laws of their country, and sentenced by the judges, it belongs only to that power, which is superiour both to the judges and the laws ? the sovereign authority.
- The executive power is better to be trusted when it has no screen. Sir, we have a responsibility in the person of our President; he cannot act improperly, and hide either his negligence or inattention; he cannot roll upon any other person the weight of his criminality; no appointment can take place without his nomination; and he is responsible for every nomination he makes... far from being above the laws, he is amenable to them in his private character as a citizen, and in his public character by impeachment.
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On February 29th||Who Also Died On February 29th|
Copyright © www.quotesby.net