joel chandler harris Quotes
Joel Chandler Harris QuotesBirth Date: 1848-12-08 (Friday, December 8th, 1848)
Discover how to find info about file extension apk with articles and other interesting information.
- Brer Fox, he lay low.
- Brer Rabbit keep on axin' 'im, en de Tar-Baby, she keep on sayin' nothin', twel present'y Brer Rabbit draw back wid his fis', he did, en blip he tuck 'er side er de head. Right dar's whar he broke his merlasses jug. His fis' stuck, en he can't pull loose. De tar hilt 'im.
- 'I don't keer w'at you do wid me, Brer Fox,' sezee, 'so you don't fling me in dat brier-patch. Roas' me, Brer Fox' sezee, 'but don't fling me in dat brier-patch,' sezee.
- Ez soshubble ez a baskit er kittens.
- Lazy fokes's stummucks don't git tired.
- Jay-bird don't rob his own nes'.
- Licker talks mighty loud w'en it gits loose from de jug.
- Hungry rooster don't cackle w'en he fine a wum.
- Youk'n hide de fier, but w'at you gwine do wid de smoke?
- Once upon a time a Georgian printed a couple of books that attracted notice, but immediately it turned out that he was little more than an amanuensis for the local blacks--that his works were really the products, not of white Georgia, but of black Georgia. Writing afterward as a white man, he swiftly subsided into the fifth rank.
joel chandler harris
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On December 8th||Who Also Died On |
Copyright © www.quotesby.net