lucian freud Quotes
Lucian Freud QuotesBirth Date: 1922-12-08 (Friday, December 8th, 1922)
Discover how to find info about file extension apk with articles and other interesting information.
- I always felt that my work hadn't much to do with art; my admirations for other art had very little room to show themselves in my work because I hoped that if I concentrated enough the intensity of scrutiny alone would force life into the pictures. I ignored the fact that art, after all, derives from art. Now I realize that this is the case.
- My colour has no symbolic function whatever. I don't want any colour to be noticeable. I want the colour to be the colour of life, so that you would notice it as being irregular if it changed. I don't want it to operate in the modernist sense as colour, something independent. I don't want people to say, 'Oh, what was that red or that blue picture of yours, I've forgotten what it was.'
- When I look at a body I know it gives me choices of what to put in a painting; what will suit me and what won't. There is a distinction between fact and truth. Truth has an element of revelation about it. If something is true, it does more than strike one as merely being so.
- I am only interested in painting the actual person; in doing a painting of them, not in using them to some ulterior end of art. For me, to use someone doing something not native to them would be wrong.
- URGENT SUBTLE CONCISE ROBUST
- I paint people not because of what they are like... but how they happen to be.
- I paint what I see, not what you hope that I see.
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On December 8th||Who Also Died On |
Copyright © www.quotesby.net