- And so I penned It down, until at last it came to be, For length and breadth, the bigness which you see.
- Some said, 'John, print it;' others said, 'Not so.' Some said, 'It might do good;' others said, 'No.'
- The name of the slough was Despond.
- Every fat must stand upon his bottom.
- Dark as pitch.
- It beareth the name of Vanity Fair, because the town where 't is kept is lighter than vanity.
- The palace Beautiful.
- They came to the Delectable Mountains.
- Some things are of that nature as to make
- He that is down needs fear no fall.