john coltrane Quotes
John Coltrane QuotesBirth Date: 1926-09-23 (Thursday, September 23rd, 1926)
Date of Death: 1967-07-17 (Monday, July 17th, 1967)
Discover how to find info about file extension apk with articles and other interesting information.
- 'I thought about this question. I answered it as best I could [at the press conference]. I felt I didn't tell [the reporter] what I really wanted to say. He thought I was Christian. And I am by birth; my parents were and my early teachings were Christian. But as I look upon the world, I feel all men know the truth. If a man was a Christian, he could know the truth and he could not. The truth itself does not have any name on it. And each man has to find it for himself, I think.'
- 'Keep a thing happenin' all throughout.'
- 'Rushin' Lullaby.'
- 'You know, John Coltrane has been sort of a god to me. Seems like, in a way, he didn't get the inspiration out of other musicians. He had it. When you hear a cat do a thing like that, you got to go along with him. I think I heard Coltrane before I really got close to Miles [Davis]. Miles had a tricky way of playing his horn that I didn't understand as much as I did Coltrane. I really didn't understand what Coltrane was doing, but it was so exciting the thing that he was doing...'
- 'In short, [Coltrane's] tone is beautiful because it is functional. In other words, it is always involved in saying something. You can't separate the means that a man uses to say something from what he ultimately says. Technique is not separated from its content in a great artist.'
- 'John [Coltrane] was like a visitor to this planet. He came in peace and he left in peace; but during his time here, he kept trying to reach new levels of awareness, of peace, of spirituality. That's why I regard the music he played as spiritual music -- John's way of getting closer and closer to the Creator.'
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On September 23rd||Who Also Died On July 17th|
Copyright © www.quotesby.net