john suckling Quotes
John Suckling QuotesBirth Date: 1609-02-10 (Tuesday, February 10th, 1609)
Discover how to find info about file extension apk with articles and other interesting information.
- Why so pale and wan, fond lover Prithee, why so pale?
- Will, when looking well can't move her, Looking ill prevail? Prithee, why so pale?
- Quit, quit, for shame, this will not move: This cannot take her. If of herself she cannot love, Nothing can make her: The devil take her!
- If I a fancy take To black and blue, That fancy doth it beauty make.
- 'Tis now since I sat down before That foolish fort, a heart, (Time strangely spent) a year, and more, And still I did my part:
- Oh for some honest lover's ghost, Some kind unbodied post Sent from the shades below! I strangely long to know Whether the nobler chaplets wear Those that their mistress' scorn did bear, Or those that were used kindly.
- Her feet beneath her petticoat Like little mice stole in and out, As if they feared the light; But oh, she dances such a way! No sun upon an Easter-day Is half so fine a sight.
- Her lips were red, and one was thin; Compared with that was next her chin,- Some bee had stung it newly.
- 'T is expectation makes a blessing dear; Heaven were not heaven if we knew what it were.
- She is pretty to walk with, And witty to talk with, And pleasant, too, to think on.
- Her face is like the milky way i' the sky,-
- But as when an authentic watch is shown, Each man winds up and rectifies his own,
- The prince of darkness is a gentleman.
- Nick of time.
- 'High characters,' cries one, and he would see Things that ne'er were, nor are, nor e'er will be.
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On February 10th||Who Also Died On |
Copyright © www.quotesby.net