- Perhaps you think that any fool could become a member of the SS. Do you really know what an SS soldier is? He is a superman. He is a professional chosen personally by Hitler. A soldier whose antecedents are analyzed for four generations back before he is given the honor of being allowed to join this elite organization.
- If there were mistakes, there were mistakes. But a man has to have a line of work, no?
- If I think of all those homosexuals in Germany today, I think I'd hand my German passport back, if I had one.
- Don't worry. Your friends are dead and you are going to join them.
- I admire you, but in the end everybody talks.
- ...Had the eyes of a monster. He was savage. My God, he was savage! It was unimaginable. He broke my teeth, he pulled my hair back. He put a bottle in my mouth and pushed it until the lips split from the pressure.
- ...pale eyes, extraordinarily mobile, like those of an animal in a cage.
- After 19 days of interrogation, they put me in a cell. They would carry by the bodies of tortured people. With the point of a boot, Barbie would turn their heads to look at their faces, and if he saw someone he believed to be a Jew, he would crush it with his heel.