piet hein Quotes
Piet Hein QuotesBirth Date: 1905-12-16 (Saturday, December 16th, 1905)
Date of Death: 1629-06-18 (Monday, June 18th, 1629)
Discover how to find info about file extension apk with articles and other interesting information.
- Man is the animal that draws lines which he himself then stumbles over. In the whole pattern of civilization there have been two tendencies, one toward straight lines and rectangular patterns and one toward circular lines. There are reasons, mechanical and psychological, for both tendencies. Things made with straight lines fit well together and save space. And we can move easily - physically or mentally - around things made with round lines. But we are in a straitjacket, having to accept one or the other, when often some intermediate form would be better.
- After all, what is art? Art is the creative process and it goes through all fields. Einstein's theory of relativity - now that is a work of art! Einstein was more of an artist in physics than on his violin. Art is this: art is the solution of a problem which cannot be expressed explicitly until it is solved.
- To be and not to be, that is the answer.
- There is one art, no more, no less: to do all things with art- lessness.
- Living is a thing you do now or never - which do you?
- Love is like a pineapple, sweet and undefinable.
- Naive you are if you believe life favours those who aren't naive.
- Somebody said that Reason was dead. Reason said: No, I think not so.
- People are self-centered to a nauseous degree. They will keep on about themselves while I'm explaining me.
- Problems worthy of attack prove their worth by hitting back.
- Put up in a place where it's easy to see the cryptic admonishment T.T.T. When you feel how depressingly slowly you climb, it's well to remember that Things Take Time. (Danish: Ting Tager Tid)
- The road to wisdom? - Well, it's plain and simple to express: Err and err and err again but less and less and less.
- The way to grow grand is not: to demand. In life's every field you are what you yield.
- Wisdom is the booby prize given when you've been unwise.
- Freedom means you're free to do just whatever pleases you; --if, of course that is to say, what you please is what you may.
- The universe may be as great as they say. But it wouldn't be missed if it didn't exist.
- Whenever you're called on to make up your mind, and you're hampered by not having any, the best way to solve the dilemma, you'll find, is simply by spinning a penny. No - not so that chance shall decide the affair while you're passively standing there moping; but the moment the penny is up in the air, you suddenly know what you're hoping
- Co-existence or no existence.
- The noble art of losing face may some day save the human race and turn into eternal merit what weaker minds would call disgrace.
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On December 16th||Who Also Died On June 18th|
Copyright © www.quotesby.net