georgy zhukov Quotes
Georgy Zhukov QuotesBirth Date: 1896-12-01 (Tuesday, December 1st, 1896)
Date of Death: 1974-06-18 (Tuesday, June 18th, 1974)
Discover how to find info about file extension apk with articles and other interesting information.
georgy zhukov life timeline
|World War II: Field Marshal Georgy Zhukov takes command of Red Army operations designed to prevent the further advance into Russia of German forces and to prevent the German armies from capturing Moscow.||Thursday, October 23rd, 1941|
|World War II: In the Battle of Moscow Georgy Zhukov launches a massive Soviet counter-attack against the German army, with the biggest offensive launched against Army Group Centre.||Friday, December 5th, 1941|
|World War II: Battle of StalingradSoviet Union forces under General Georgy Zhukov launch the Operation Uranus counterattacks at Stalingrad, turning the tide of the battle in the USSR s favor.||Thursday, November 19th, 1942|
- It is a fact that under equal conditions, large-scale battles and whole wars are won by troops which have a strong will for victory, clear goals before them, high moral standards, and devotion to the banner under which they go into battle.
- The nature of encounter operations required of the commanders limitless initiative and constant readiness to take the responsibility for military actions.
- If we come to a minefield, our infantry attacks exactly as it were not there.
- Nazis did not expect Soviet resistance to be so strong. The deeper they moved into this country's territory, the more fierce it became. When Hitler's armies approached Moscow, every man and woman here thought it imperative to resist the enemy. And that resistance grew by the day. The enemy was sustaining heavy losses, one after another. In fact, Hitler's best troops perished here. Nazis believed the Red Army was not capable of defending Moscow, but their schemes failed.
- Generalissimo Stalin directed every move... made every decision... He is the greatest and wisest military genius who ever lived...
- We will do all we can to insure peace... but if war is imposed upon us we will be together shoulder to shoulder as in the last war to strive for the happiness of mankind.
- If they [the Germans] attack, we will defend. If they do not attack until winter comes, then we will and will tear them to shreds!
- And now German generals find it hard to explain away their retreat.
- There are things in Russia which are not as they seem.
- The mere existence of atomic weapons implies the possibility of their use.
- There's no smoke without fire.
- If you feel that the Chief of the General Staff talks only rubbish, my place is not here. Better to give me a command at the front where I can be of better use!
- The longer the battle lasts the more force we'll have to use!
- Winning depended to a large extent on the determination of the troops and the officers. The certainty that we were going to win kept up everyone's spirits, from privates to generals.
- If the nation only knew their hands dripped with innocent blood, it would have met them not with applause but with stones.
- Here they found real war, but they were not ready for it. They were used to easy victories. This deprived them of flexibility on the one hand, of tenacity on the other. For them, war was merely maneuvers. They have neither cavalry nor skiers, their tanks cannot pass over the snow.
- Zhukov was the only person who feared no one. He was not afraid of Stalin.
- Zhukov's right arm, which once was enlisted in a just cause, will battle no more. Sleep! Russian history holds, as is fitting, Space for the exploits of those who, though bold, marching triumphant through foreign cities, trembled in terror when they came home.
- Zhukov was the most successful commander of World War II, who fell from grace under Khrushchev, but never lost his place in the pantheon of Soviet heroes.
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On December 1st||Who Also Died On June 18th|
Copyright © www.quotesby.net