john cheever Quotes
John Cheever QuotesBirth Date: 1912-05-27 (Monday, May 27th, 1912)
Date of Death: 1982-06-18 (Friday, June 18th, 1982)
Discover how to find info about file extension apk with articles and other interesting information.
- '...your underwear is clean in case you should be hit by a taxicab and have to be undressed by strangers.'
- '..for the dead fish was striped like a cat and the sky was striped like the fish and the conch was whorled like an ear and the beach was ribbed like a dog's mouth and the movables in the surf splintered and crashed like the walls of Jericho.'
- 'Admite the world. Relish the love of a gentle woman. Trust in the lord.'
- 'I'm wicked, as you say, and I'm rude and I'm boorish and I discovered, after marrying Mr Scaddon, that I could be all these things and worse and that there would still be plenty of people to lick my boots.'
- 'The task of an American writer is not to describe the misgivings of a woman taken in adultery as she looks out of a window at the rain but to describe four hundred people under the lights reaching for a foul ball. This is ceremony.'
- 'Wisdom we know is the knowledge of good and evil -- not the strength to choose between the two.'
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On May 27th||Who Also Died On June 18th|
Copyright © www.quotesby.net