ralph nader Quotes
Ralph Nader QuotesBirth Date: 1934-02-27 (Tuesday, February 27th, 1934)
Discover how to find info about file extension apk with articles and other interesting information.
- ...the Democratic and Republican parties, two apparently distinct political entities feeding at the same corporate trough.
- Up against the corporate government, voters find themselves asked to choose between look-alike candidates from two parties vying to see who takes the marching orders from their campaign paymasters and their future employers. The money of vested interest nullifies genuine voter choice and trust.
- The 'democracy gap' in our politics and elections spells a deep sense of powerlessness by people who drop out, do not vote, or listlessly vote for the 'least worst' every four years and then wonder why after every cycle the 'least worst' gets worse.
- Like knowing hostages, the AFL-CIO and its unions march in tandem to endorse the Democratic presidential nominees early in the primary season. They have given up their capacity for negotiation, so frightened are they of the Republicans. Meanwhile, the rank-and-file workers suffer their dwindling status in silence.
- ...organized labor...rushes to support the party without demanding a turn away from corporatism toward workers' needs. This is the logic of the lesser of two evils. It tethers labor to a relentless slide deeper into the corporate power pits year after year.
- ...the Democrats know that no matter how many GATTs, NAFTAs, empty OSHAs, and other betrayals...they heap on those labor leaders, they can be had because, once again, the Republicans are deemed worse.
- The tired whine of 'But the Republicans are worse' will fall flat as more young Americans take charge of their future and move, with their reenergized elders, toward the Green Party and parallel civic and political movements.
- We must strive to become good ancestors.
- The shortcomings of America's political leaders do not stop at our borders.
- Unlike members of Congress, Big Business knew what the WTO agreements contained. That's because corporate lobbyists helped draft them.
- Half of democracy is about just showing up.
- The 1963 Corvair, which has some remarkable characteristics. It's one of the few cars I know that can do the bossa nova on dry pavement and the watusi on wet.
- A leader has the vision and conviction that a dream can be achieved. He inspires the power and energy to get it done.
- I start with the premise that the function of leadership is to produce more leaders, not more followers.
- Power has to be insecure to be responsive.
- The goal of a just society is inseparable from love and beauty.
- A society that has more justice is a society that needs less charity.
- There can be no daily democracy without daily citizenship.
- To the youth of America, I say, beware of being trivialized by the commercial culture that tempts you daily. I hear you saying often that you're not turned on to politics. The lessons of history are clear and portentous. If you do not turn on to politics, politics will turn on you.
- Today the large organization is lord and master, and most of its employees have been desensitized much as were the medieval peasants who never knew they were serfs.
- When strangers start acting like neighbors... communities are reinvigorated.
- Addiction should never be treated as a crime. It has to be treated as a health problem. We do not send alcoholics to jail in this country. Over 500,000 people are in our jails who are nonviolent drug users.
- Isn't it about time that the US government stop supporting dictatorships and avaricious oligarchies with our tax monies, munitions and diplomacy?
- Sanctions against polluters are feeble and out of date, and are rarely invoked.
- The use of solar energy has not been opened up because the oil industry does not own the sun.
- Obviously, the answer to oil spills is to paper-train the tankers.
- I've done it all. I'm thankful and proud of what I've accomplished in my life. I hope to keep doing it.
- Every time I see something terrible, it's like I see it at age 19. I keep a freshness that way.
- For almost 70 years the life insurance industry has been a smug sacred cow feeding the public a steady line of sacred bull.
- John D. Rockefeller wanted to dominate oil, but Microsoft wants it all, you name it: cable, media, banking, car dealerships.
- If Microsoft's long record of deception and untrustworthiness is to be ended, the public remedies must be as bold, sweeping, and effective as the company's private power.
- People are stunned to hear that one company has data files on 185 million Americans.
- The corporate lobby in Washington is basically designed to stifle all legislative activity on behalf of consumers.
- The liberal intelligentsia has allowed its party to become a captive of corporate interests.
- The networks are not some chicken-coop manufacturing lobby whose calls nobody returns.
- The only difference between the Republican and Democratic parties is the velocities with which their knees hit the floor when corporations knock on their door. That's the only difference.
- Like sex in Victorian England, the reality of Big Business today is our big dirty secret.
- Ours is a system of corporate socialism, where companies capitalize their profits and socialize their losses...in effect, they tax you for their accidents, bungling, boondoggles, and mismanagement, just like a government. We should be able to dis-elect them.
- This administration is not sympathetic to corporations, it is indentured to corporations.
- A seller-sovereign economy includes sellers who are monopolistic or oligopolistic without being confronted by the ultimate consumers who are organized in monopsonistic or ologopsonistic modes. It is an economy where enormous skill, artifice, and resources are used in getting consumers to buy what the sellers want to sell, notwithstanding the availability of more efficient, safe, economical, durable, and effective alternatives, including that of buying nothing at all.
- Your best teacher is your last mistake.
- This country has far more problems than it deserves and far more solutions than it applies.
- Our founders did not oust George III in order for us to crown Richard I.
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On February 27th||Who Also Died On |
Copyright © www.quotesby.net