robert south Quotes
Robert South QuotesBirth Date: 1774-08-12 (Friday, August 12th, 1774)
Date of Death: 1716-07-08 (Wednesday, July 8th, 1716)
Discover how to find info about file extension apk with articles and other interesting information.
robert south life timeline
|The brigantine Le Griffon, commissioned by Rene Robert Cavelier, Sieur de La Salle, is towed to the south-eastern end of the Niagara River, to become the first ship to sail the upper Great Lakes of North America.||Monday, August 7th, 1679|
|American Civil War: Battle of Palmito Ranch - in far south Texas, more than a month after Confederate General Robert E. Lee s surrender, the last land battle of the Civil War ends with a Confederate victory.||Saturday, May 13th, 1865|
|Sir Robert Baden-Powell sets up the Brownsea Island Scout camp in Poole Harbour on the south coast of England. The camp ran from August 1-9, 1907, and is regarded as the founding of the Scouting movement.||Monday, July 29th, 1907|
|Robert Falcon Scott s South Pole expedition leaves England.||Wednesday, June 1st, 1910|
|Sir Robert Falcon Scott (Scott of the Antarctic) reaches the South Pole, one month after Roald Amundsen.||Wednesday, January 17th, 1912|
- Action is the highest perfection and drawing forth of the utmost power, vigor, and activity of man's nature.
- Defeat should never be a source of discouragement, but rather a fresh stimulus.
- Guilt upon the conscience, like rust upon iron, both defiles and consumes it, gnawing and creeping into it, as that does which at last eats out the very heart and substance of the metal.
- If there be any truer measure of a man than by what he does, it must be by what he gives.
- Innocence is like polished armor; it adorns and defends.
- It is idleness that creates impossibilities; and where people don't care to do anything, they shelter themselves under a permission that it cannot be done.
- Most of the appearance of mirth in the world is not mirth, it is art. The wounded spirit is not seen, but walks under a disguise.
- Passion is the drunkenness of the mind.
- Truth will lose its credit, if delivered by a person that has none.
- Wonder is from surprise, and surprise stops with experience.
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On August 12th||Who Also Died On July 8th|
Copyright © www.quotesby.net