rufus choate Quotes
Rufus Choate Quotes
Read how to open files in File Open Database.
- We have built no national temples but the Capitol; we consult no common oracle but the Constitution.
- The courage of New England was the 'courage of conscience.' It did not rise to that insane and awful passion, the love of war for itself.
- The final end of government is not to exert restraint but to do good.
- There was a state without king or nobles; there was a church without a bishop; there was a people governed by grave magistrates which it had selected, and by equal laws which it had framed.
- We join ourselves to no party that does not carry the flag, and keep step to the music of the Union.
- Its constitution the glittering and sounding generalities of natural right which make up the Declaration of Independence.
- A book is the only immortality.
- Happy is he who has laid up in his youth, and held fast in all fortune, a genuine and passionate love of reading.
- Neither irony or sarcasm is argument.
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On ||Who Also Died On |
Copyright © www.quotesby.net