shahrukh khan Quotes
Shahrukh Khan QuotesBirth Date: 1965-11-02 (Tuesday, November 2nd, 1965)
Discover how to find info about file extension apk with articles and other interesting information.
- Doing good is the only religion.
- Don't be negative. It shows on your face.
- I am like a Rolls Royce which can run without an engine, just on reputation.
- I am not confident unless I am playing someone else.
- I am very shy. If I am flying British Airways and the airhostess asks me two questions, and I don't understand her accent - I will go hungry for the entire flight.
- I don't sit around complaining about the lack of good roles. I will play Raj 85 times and still make him different.
- I think if you take sexuality very seriously it becomes very oily.
- If you get bored with the person you married for love, there's something wrong with you - not with that person.
- Often I don't say hello to people for fear that they may not remember me.
- You never win the silver. You only lose the gold.
- 'Yes, I do have a close circle of friends and I am very fortunate to have them as friends. I feel very close to them I think friends are everything in life after your family. You come across lots of people all the time but you only make very few friends and you have to be true to them otherwise what's the point in life?'
- 'I'd rather sink trying to be different, than stay afloat like everyone else'
- 'I cannot repay my fans for what they have done for me, they have given me so much love and that love has taken me to the number 1 position where I am today, the only thing I can do for my fans is to never stop working, and to do films till the very end, it is the only way I can express my love for them.'
- 'To me, Devdas is the end of love stories. I've portrayed an obsessed lover, a nice lover, an angry lover, a romantic lover. And now I've played Devdas. For someone who doesn't even like love stories, I've played an awful lot of lovers. Personally speaking, I wouldn't see any of the romantic films I've acted in.'
- 'I'm the luckiest man in the world and I don't want to hide from the faces I'm acting for. So I don't surround myself with guards, I've never given an interview in which I've said I feel bad that I can't go shopping or I can't go to Chowpatty and eat bhelpuri without being mobbed. I'm not the kind of guy who goes out wearing dark glasses (I don't think I'm a big enough star to hide behind them, honest). I go to see movies in the cinema theatres, I go to restaurants with my family and friends even though I know people are going to disturb me there.'
- (August 2004): Awards that ignore me are losers.
- (August 2004): I'm try-sexual. I try anything that's sexual.
- (August 2004): I have no competition. Every year the names I'm pitted against keep changing. You can't cream the competition, you have to kill it.
- 'I'd like to believe there's a little of Hitler and Napoleon in me. Even if I try, I can't be as selfless as Mahatma Gandhi and Mother Teresa. I'd like to believe there's a little of Hitler and Napoleon in me. Even if I try, I can't be as selfless as Mahatma Gandhi and Mother Teresa.'
- 'Recently an actor asked me to teach him how to speak fast. Wasn't I once criticised for speaking too fast? Now they're doing it my way. Recently an actor asked me to teach him how to speak fast. Wasn't I once criticised for speaking too fast? Now they're doing it my way.'
- 'Maybe the country doesn't pray for me like they do for Sachin Tendulkar, but I know I'm on a good wicket as well.'
- 'I work like a retailer. I sell my services, take my money and keep it in the bank.'
- 'I don't kiss on screen. Period.'
- 'I'm no megalomaniac. Even I found it boring to have an entire website devoted to trivia about me. No one's interested in a one man show, unless you happen to be an Amitabh Bachchan. I'm no megalomaniac. Even I found it boring to have an entire website devoted to trivia about me. No one's interested in a one man show, unless you happen to be an Amitabh Bachchan.'
- 'Cinema in India is like brushing your teeth in the morning. You can't escape it.'
- 'Whenever I fail as a father or husband... a toy and a diamond always works.'
- 'Home is where Gauri and the children are...' - Shahrukh Khan
- 'I thank God for happiness AND sadness... if you're never sad you'll never know how good happiness is' - SRK
- 'I am a very big star. I don't deserve to be such a big star or to be in this position. It's all because of my parents are taking care of me. Dad wasn't so pushy, so it must be mom. On every happy occasion I feel sad because I wish mom was still present. How I wish she was here today.' - Shahrukh
- My sister Shehnaz is very naive and sweet. She is also very spoilt and pampered. I love her a lot. I've grown in her shadow, as she was the older child in the house. I'd look up to her. She is very quite now, after my parents demise. She stays with me. She is an educated girl. She has done a management course; she used to work as an officer for the Indira Gandhi memorial. She has also done her MBA in psychology - Shahrukh
- On 2nd November 1965 a normal occurrence happened at the Talwar Nursing Home in New Delhi. Just like many newborns, I was born with the umbilical cord entangled around my neck. A nurse said that it was by the blessings of Hanuman and that I would be a very lucky child. I don't know if I believe in it but it is the one thing I was told by my parents about my birth that I remember. - Shahrukh
- We were given black and golden stars for our behaviour and test results. Five black stars meant lying across Mrs. Bala's lap and getting spanked three times, I think. Being quite naughty I was spanked a lot. I wish the same treatment was meted out to me even now. Looking back one realizes that what one thought punishment was actually quite pleasurable. - Shahrukh
- 'How did our friendship grow into love? Well, I've known Shahrukh for 15 years now. I've been married to him for the last nine years. It all seems like a dream, like I've known him forever. It happened so young and gradual that we didn't think for a moment that we would not get married.' - Gauri
- Slowly, Shahrukh managed to win over each and every member of my family. And once my folks got to know him, they started liking him. Finally, they were convinced that Shahrukh was the right person for me.- Gauri
- On proposing to his wife, Gauri: ( Thinks ) I don't really quite remember actually. We had known each other for like eight years. So it was sort of understood that we'd marry. Umm... I just remember telling her I love you. I didn't even date her like you normally do -- she's the only girl I've ever really known. To be quite honest. I remember I just dropped her to her house and just told her ( that he wanted to marry her ). ( Laughs ) Didn't wait for her response -- just drove off. - Shah Rukh
- 'Life is so strange... When I married Shahrukh and came to Mumbai, I had my fears. Everything about the place including the film industry seemed so strange and awkward that every two months I'd run back to Delhi to my family. But finally, I did find my feet here and today I have absolutely no regrets in life. - Gauri
- I told the rickshaw driver to take me to this beach. So we went and there she was. Standing in the water, wearing a T-shirt. By then it didn't matter even if she wasn't wearing anything. She came over and we hugged, and cried. It was then that I realised I was being unreasonably possessive. I also realised that no one could ever love Gauri the way I loved her and that gave me tremendous confidence. -Shahrukh
- I know exactly what Shahrukh is doing. Any wife would know for that matter. Of course, there are a lot of women who don't know what their husbands are upto. But I would know. I know what I can expect from him, what he can do for me, what he has done for me and the kind of respect he has for me. - Gauri
- 'Our relationshipis not based on how much we have done for each other. If Gauri has made sacrifices or adjustments, she has not told me. Had she told me, you cannot call it a sacrifice but an obligation. I could keep harping about how much I love Gauri but we're beyond all this.' - Shahrukh
- He doesn't bring his work and work problems home. He tries to spend a lot of time with his family. For him, I always come first. I've never been sad or unhappy or suspicious that Shahrukh is upto something behind my back. How often do you pick up a magazine and read about Shahrukh having an affair with somebody? I've never read anything of that sort. - Gauri
- A wife can help balance the scales of emotion but she cannot fill the void of a mother: fortunatly for Shahrukh, Gauri has been a part of his life for the last 15 to 16 years. 'She is a part of me. Or rather; I'm like her appendage. I don't want to demean or raise her by status by calling her my mother or comparing her. Gauri is a completely different person. At times, mcuh more than what my mother would have been. Gauri is much beyond. Like there's a little world around me and there's a galaxy. All that is encompassed by Gauri, including my mom and her star. Everything.' - Shahrukh
- Shahrukh has given me so much that I couldn't ask for more. - Gauri
- 'At times when she is out somewhere, I feel there's nothing without Gauri. No life, no house, no stardom, no child, no happiness, no company without Gauri. I cannot say she's my support of pillar or strenght either. Aryan wouldn't be around without Gauri. I can't explain the happiness I feel when they're around. It's wonderful and it's all because of Gauri.' - Shahrukh
- Earlier we used to meet outside and now we meet at home. Shahrukh is more protective and caring after marriage. Earlier he knew I was with my parents. But now when I'm leaving town, every detail has to be written down 100 times over! I'm going to Dubai and he wants me to get one of those cellular phones so that he can call me up every half an hour. He wants to do demented things like that. - Gauri
- So, what makes a couple stay together?
- He's intense about whatever bothers him. I think the whole commotion is because he's from the filmindustry and yet he is so faithful to his wife. Here men aren't supposed to be monogamous. But Shahrukh isn't filmi in the least. He is like any other man from any other walk of life who loves his wife a lot. I'm glad he is an exception to the rule of star husbands who are not faithful to their wives. - Gauri
- Gauri teaches me how to be diplomatic. She had taught me to switch the lights off before going to bed, To have dinner at the proper place, to put my clothes in the proper place, she has taught me how to dress up well too. She has turned me from an animal to a man. She spoils me a lot. She is the stabilizing factor in my life. She likes me because I make her laugh. And boy, do I make her laugh... - Shahrukh
- The birth of his son, Aryan: I've lost my parents in hospitals -- so I don't like being in hospitals. And Gauri is quite fragile -- and I've never seen her fall really sick, or seen her unwell. When I saw her in the hospital, they had put in tubes and stuff. And she was becoming delirious and she was really cold. I went with her to the operation theatre for her Caesarean... And ( takes a deep breath ) I thought she'd die. Didn't even think about the kid at that point in time. It wasn't important to me. She was shivering so much and I know logically that you don't die while giving birth to babies... But still... ( Lost in thought )... I just got a little scared.
- About son Aryan: We just named him Aryan. I don't know. I just liked the sound of the name. I thought when he tells a girl ki my name is Aryan. Aryan Khan, she'll be really impressed. His looks have come from both of us. Actually Gauri and I have similar features -- both of us have big eyes and thick lips. I don't know... He's got expressions like mine, I think... But he's a mixture. And no, I haven't changed any diapers! ( Laughs ) - Shah Rukh
- Aryan has brought about a big change in our lives, especially in Shahrukh's lifestyle. Now, Shahrukh thinks twice if he has to go on an outdoor shoot. He wants to make most of his films in Mumbai. He has cut down on his work quite a bit. Double shifts are completely out. He is not signing too many films. And with the second baby due soon, the future for Shahrukh would be spending more time at home. He is crazy about children. - Gauri
- 'I've collected a lot of balls for him and he loves playing with them. Aryan also loves dancing to my songs. We have pillow fights and love jumping on the bed. We quite demented when we are together.' - Shahrukh
- Aryan is two-and-a-half today... He looks exactly like me but he acts and behaves just like Shahrukh. He is very bright and naughty. Shahrukh makes it a point to pick him up from his play school at least once a week. - Gauri
- 'When you see father and son together, you can't tell who's younger. We play a lot together. We share Grasshopper together. We even share his little car. He rides it and so do i. Sometimes I push it, and at others he pushes it. Sometimes we play 'fighting-fighting' and we play with my Superman. He plays with it as much as I do.' - Shahrukh
- 'He's a fabulous father', agreed Karan. 'You can see from the reaction of his child what a great father he is. It's the world on one side and his father on the other. His father means the world to Aryan.' - Karan Johar
- 'Aryan wakes up by 7.30 or 8 in the morning. I spend a couple of hours with him and then rush to my shooting. If I'm at Mehboob Studio, close to home, I drive back for lunch. At night I get back by 9.30 or 10.00 and we play till 11.30. I play with him till he falls asleep and try to sleep with him.' - Shahrukh
- He is completely obsessed with his father because for one, he sees less of him and secondly, Shahrukh is full of energy which I'm not. He can talk, dance and play with him endlessly. Aryan cannot sleep without him. Shahrukh has to spend two hours with him every night. - Gauri
- But first things first. SRK's just turned father to a bonny baby, Aryaan. That he's excited is only stating the obvious. His brown eyes glisten happily. He says, 'I hope Aryaan will grow up to look like my father. He was such a handsome man.' And will he be as good a parent to his son? 'I'll be a better parent to my son than my parents were to me. They died too soon, they left me alone. But I'll always be there for my son.'
- With a heap of ha-ha humour, he adds, 'My baby will be a pucca flirt. I think he even winked at the nurses at the Breach Candy hospital where he was born. I hope my child turns out to be a pucca badmaash. Just like Macaulay Culkin in Home Alone. But even if he turns out to be well-behaved, that's okay by me.
- My son must be honest and respect elders. That's all that I expect of him. 'Frankly, I really hated myself when I saw Gauri going through all that labour pain. In the past 13 years that I've known her, she's never fallen ill on me even once. And now because of me she had to go through labour pain.
- 'Though everyone says my son looks like me, I think he's an exact replica of Gauri. He took to me instantly, he even talks to me. I'll tell my son to grab all the opportunities he can, he shouldn't wait for them to come knocking. And when he grows up, I'll flirt with all his girlfriends. That's for sure.' - Shahrukh
- Now that Aryan is 2, it's time he had a sister. 'Inshallah! I wish we have a daughter too. I'd love to have a girl, but it won't make a difference if we have another boy. At the time we were expecting Aryan, Gauri wanted a boy and I wanted a girl. We had a boy and I love Aryan more than Gauri does.' - Shahrukh (january 2000)
- In her own quiet way, Suhana brought smiles and joy into our house even before she was born.
- I stayed in my van for two days outside Breach Candy hospital to be near Gauri when she delivered our second child. I left Aryan at Juhi's house. In between I would get frantic telephone calls on my cell phone about how Aryan was scandalizing the servants and members of Juhi's family by stripping and running buck naked through the house shouting 'Look at me! I'm Tarzan!' It's his favourite ploy to get attention, which he needs in a constant and undivided manner. I think he's going to grow up to be an actor.
- Suhana, unlike Aryan, was quiet from the time she was born. Like all children, Aryan was a little concerned about the new entrant into his family so we tried to avert the sibling rivalry by giving him chocolates and saying they were from Suhana.
- Amongst the hundreds of telephone calls I received to congratulate Gauri and myself (and to give us advice on raising children!), I particularly remember one from Anil [Kapoor]. He said, 'Are you sitting on the side of God and whispering into His ears what you want? First you get success, and fame and then you get a perfect family too - a boy and a girl.' I thought it was very sweet.
- Initially, I was scared to pick Suhana in my arms. She was so fragile, unlike Aryan. I could toss up Aryan and play rough with him but Suhana was different, she's a lady. Very quiet and loving, but I have a feeling she'll grow up to be very naughty.
- One year has passed since she was born. She can barely stand now. And Aryan is learning how to get along with his little sister. We decided to have them share the same room so that they could bond. Gauri makes them eat together too. Of course it's very difficult to get Aryan/ Superman/ Batman/ Spiderman to sit in one place long enough to eat a meal but Suhana is so well behaved. She just smiles quietly at the world. She's very loving, even towards complete strangers.
- But of course, Aryan, like all children, hates having to share the spotlight. He's very proud of the fact that Suhana is not allowed to play in the garden (because she's too small and delicate). And if you come home, he'll tell you proudly how Suhana keeps crying, unlike Aryan, who's a big strong man!
- So one whole year has passed since she was born. She is growing more beautiful as each day passes. She has wonderful large eyes and an adorable, sweet smile. People say her hair is like mine. People say she's as beautiful as her mother. I think she's taken after an angel.
- Initially, I was scared to pick Suhana in my arms. She was so fragile, unlike Aryan. I could toss up Aryan and play rough with him but Suhana was different, she's a lady. Very quiet and loving, but I have a feeling she'll grow up to be very naughty. - Shahrukh
- Aryan wants to be like me, I am TThis role model, while my daughter wants to be like her mother. Aryan thinks he looks like me and dresses up like me too. We are good friends. In fact we are the best friends in the world. I am very attached to my son. We can chat for hours. - Shahrukh
- 'His son thinks that his father is a superman, But you can't blame the kid. The moment he switches on the TV he sees his father, when he travels to school, he sees banners of his father's films along the roads, and whenever his fathers alights people go hysterically, 'Shah Rukh, Shah Rukh!'' - Shashilal Nair
- 'I think he's the best father,' Farah interjected enthusiastically. 'He's really cool! He's not paranoid, and treats his son as a friend. And he has so much fun being a father. You go to Shah Rukh's house for a party and there's Shah Rukh on all four legs playing with Aryan, and you just let them be...He's mellowed, got quieter, but that happens... He has two children now. He has such a beautiful home and has done so well for himself.'' - Farah Khan
- I am a total family man. I drop my kids to school every day and if I knew how to cook I would even cook for them. According to me, doing things for my kids is very macho. - Shahrukh
- What did you feel when u first held the baby?
- Gauri is going to be a mother soon. If it's a boy, I want him to be a badmash. He should do all the bad things by the time he is 16, so that he can sober down after that. If I have a daughter, I'll give her all the love that's stored within me. - Shahrukh
- All parents bring up their children with certain values. And it's not surprising that Shahrukh's parents never laid down any rules. 'That's also why none were broken. My mom used to talk about hard work, honesy and heartfelt feelings. But one thing they taught me was, 'If you like doing something, go ahead and do it'. I never feel guilty about anything I do.
- 'My part in bringing up Aryan, is similar. Gauri is very proud of me. I don't think she will mind if Aryan learns some of my values. She knows that I'm a little strange but there's also something which is right about me. That's why she married me. Of course, Gauri wouldn't want Aryan to be as mad as I am! From my side, he's okay!' - Shahrukh
- Both the children, Aryan (12th November 1997) and Suhana (23rd May 2000) have been taught to revere the co-existence of Ganpati and Allah in the Khan household. How wonderfully they are being brought up manifests itself in the story that when Shah Rukh was having a critical neck surgery, Aryan went to the temple and said an Islamic prayer so that his father could get well soon.
- 'Shah Rukh is very family bonded, he is very attached to his family and exceptionally so to his sister, his wife and children. He is very responsible vis-a-vis his family and to take on such responsibility at such a young age, I think it is phenomenal.' - Aziz Mirza
- 'Gauri and he have been together since he was on the roads...until now! When he's so loving with others, you can imagine how loving he must be with his wife!' - Shashilal Nair
- 'My daughter is more attached to her mother, while Aryan and I are very similar. Aryan does bully her but she is such a sweetheart.' - Shahrukh
- When I see Aryan and Suhana, I see purity and spontaneity. Untouched by commerce, untainted by envy even as an actor, I grow simply by watching them. The truth is that I dont want to be this famous but absentee father. I want my children to flower under my care. - Shahrukh
- The children look like Gauri, but Thank God they have my brains! - Shahrukh
- My daughter used to think I was Aamir Khan. She could not recognise me on screen. So much so that every time I came on screen she used to call out, `Aamir Khan',' - Shahrukh (with a big grin)
- Though my wife thinks I'm mad, I know I'll drop my daughter to the parties she's invited to. I'll want her friends to say, 'Wow what a handsome father you have!' When she's with her boyfriend in the backseat of our car, I'll be at the wheel, driving her around. - Shahrukh
- My health is priority -because of my children. So the priority actually would be the kids. I need to make sure that in the next one year I get back to a healthy state of affairs so that I can last with them a little longer.Everything else comes second. - Shahrukh
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On November 2nd||Who Also Died On |
Copyright © www.quotesby.net