- I'm a lazy writer. My idea of heaven is not writing. On the other hand, I'm obviously compulsive about it.
- She was smart, tart, dry as a Martini, Ah, but underneath, She was all... heart, something by Puccini, Ah, but underneath, In the depths... of... her interior Were fears... she... was inferior And some... thing... even eerier -- But no one dared to query her superior exterior!
- I dim the lights... and think about you Spend sleepless nights... to think about you You said you loved me... or were you just being kind? Or am I losing my mind?
- Without question, Steve is the best Broadway lyricist, past or present.
- West Side Story
- Into the Woods
- Sweeney Todd, the Demon Barber of Fleet Street