yasser arafat Quotes
Yasser Arafat QuotesBirth Date: 1929-08-24 (Saturday, August 24th, 1929)
Date of Death: 2004-11-11 (Thursday, November 11th, 2004)
Discover how to find info about file extension apk with articles and other interesting information.
yasser arafat life timeline
|In Cairo, Yasser Arafat is appointed Palestine Liberation Organization leader at the Palestinian National Congress.||Monday, February 3rd, 1969|
|Yasser Arafat takes over as chairman of the Palestine Liberation Organization.||Tuesday, February 4th, 1969|
|Yasser Arafat recognizes the right of Israel to exist.||Wednesday, December 7th, 1988|
|Yasser Arafat returns to Hebron after more than 30 years and joins celebrations over the handover of the last Israeli-controlled West Bank city.||Sunday, January 19th, 1997|
|Israeli-Palestinian Conflict: Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Palestinian Chairman Yasser Arafat reach a "land for peace" agreement.||Friday, October 23rd, 1998|
|Yasser Arafat is confirmed dead by the Palestine Liberation Organization, of unidentified causes. Mahmoud Abbas is elected chairman of the PLO minutes later.||Thursday, November 11th, 2004|
|Elections are held to replace Yasser Arafat as head of the Palestine Liberation Organization. He is succeeded by Rawhi Fattouh.||Sunday, January 9th, 2005|
- I come bearing an olive branch in one hand, and the freedom fighter's gun in the other. Do not let the olive branch fall from my hand.
- Those who call us terrorists wish to prevent world public opinion from discovering the truth about us and from seeing the justice on our faces. They seek to bide the terrorism and tyranny of their acts, and our own posture of self-defence.
- The Israelis are mistaken if they think we do not have an alternative to negotiations. By Allah I swear they are wrong. The Palestinian people are prepared to sacrifice until either the last boy and the last girl raise the Palestinian flag over the walls, the churches and the mosques of Jerusalem.
- We plan to eliminate the state of Israel and establish a purely Palestinian state. We will make life unbearable for Jews by psychological warfare and population explosion. . . . We Palestinians will take over everything, including all of Jerusalem.
- Are you asking me while I am under complete siege? You are a wonderful journalist. You have to respect your profession. You have to be accurate when you are speaking with General Yasser Arafat. Be quiet! You are covering, with such questions, the terrorist activities of the Israeli occupation and the Israeli crimes. Be fair! Why do you make these certain mistakes? Thank you. Bye, bye!
- This child, who is grasping the stone, facing the tank, is it not the greatest message to the world when that hero becomes a martyr? We are proud of them.
- I swear to God, I will see [the Palestinian state], whether as a martyr or alive. Please, God, give me the honor of becoming a martyr in the fight for Jerusalem.
- This is my homeland; no one can kick me out
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On August 24th||Who Also Died On November 11th|
Copyright © www.quotesby.net