- Instant gratification takes too long.
- 'That's the way it works in movies,' said Suzanne. 'Something happens that has an impact on someone's life, and based on that impact, his life shifts course. Well, that's not how it happens in life. Something has an impact on you, and then your life stays the same, and you think, 'Well, what about the impact?' You have epiphanies all the time. They just don't have any effect.'
- I love what speed and coke do to my weight. It's unnatural, I know. I could just exercise....
- When someone told her 'You're the only girl who I know who compliments herself' she replied 'I think it's sweet that I do it, though'
- Mostly, you write a script and someone's gonna rewrite you. They get hundreds of-not hundred but they get ten writers to write something. If you have a big budget, you can go and get a lot of people to write on script .... I just actually heard that somebody said, 'Well, your screenplay got bought and now someone like Carrie Fisher will come in and rewrite you.' And I feel terrible, you know, because that's not what I mean to do. My idea was never to raid something and trash it, you know. 'Cause that - that's more work for me!
- I have gone to the set and you're kind of around in this-it's kind of combat writing when you do rewriting and stuff, and I feel like it's a kind of ambulance chasing. Recently, I did this kind of a (laughing) where you go, 'Oh, my God, it's bleeding from the second act. Quick! Quick! Give me a suture! No, give me the paddles! This is the third act that's having a heart attack!! The star is coming. The star is coming. And it's this incredibly intense process!'
- As you get older, the pickings get slimmer, but the people don't.
- I don't want life to imitate art. I want life to be art.
- I think of my body as a side effect of my mind. Like a thought I had once that manifested itself - Oops! Oh no! Manifested. Look at this. Now we have to buy clothes and everything.
- I want to find myself before somebody bigger does.
- I'm having my DNA fumigated.
- Maturity: A stoic response to endless reality.
- You can't find any true closeness in Hollywood because everybody does the fake closeness so well.