george, 1st baron lyttelton Quotes
George, 1st Baron Lyttelton Quotes
Read how to open files in File Open Database.
- For his chaste Muse employ'd her heaven-taught lyre None but the noblest passions to inspire, Not one immoral, one corrupted thought, One line which, dying, he could wish to blot.
- Women, like princes, find few real friends.
- What is your sex's earliest, latest care, Your heart's supreme ambition? To be fair.
- The lover in the husband may be lost.
- How much the wife is dearer than the bride.
- None without hope e'er lov'd the brightest fair, But love can hope where reason would despair.
- Where none admire, 't is useless to excel; Where none are beaux, 't is vain to be a belle.
- Alas! by some degree of woe We every bliss must gain; The heart can ne'er a transport know That never feels a pain.
george, 1st baron lyttelton
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On
|Who Also Died On
Copyright © www.quotesby.net