erich raeder Quotes
Erich Raeder QuotesBirth Date: 1876-04-24 (Monday, April 24th, 1876)
Date of Death: 1960-11-06 (Sunday, November 6th, 1960)
Discover how to find info about file extension apk with articles and other interesting information.
- ...the basic principles of the military services are unchangeable. Courage and candor, obedience and comradeship, love of fatherland and loyalty to the State: these are ever the distinguishing characteristics of the soldier and sailor. Building character through intelligent training and education is always the first and greatest goal.
- ...to protect our position in the Norwegian and Arctic areas by threatening the flank of enemy operations against the northern Norwegian areas, and by attacking White Sea convoys...to tie down enemy forces in the Atlantic, so that they cannot operate in the Mediterranean, the Indian Ocean or the Pacific.
- All wars will be settled by sea power.
- The German Navy managed mostly to show that they knew how to die gallantly, especially the surface fleet.
- Hitler was a demon but I realized it too late.
- I will bring to everyone's attention that, in case war with Great Britain were to burst; such a war could mean Germany's end.
- Raeder, the political admiral, stealthily built up the German Navy in defiance of the Versailles Treaty, and then put it to use in a series of aggressions which he had taken a leading part in planning.
- Navy Commander Erich Raeder was more concerned with enhancing the navy's position in the new Reich than with contributing to a rational grand strategy. His limited vision fitted nicely into Hitler's dreams of world empire.
- An irritable old man with a practical, unimaginative mentality, but academically intelligent.
- The Athenia sinking - when I broadcast that this was done not by our U-boats but by the British, I had Raeder's word for it. It was Raeder's fault. He knew and Hitler knew it was a German submarine.
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On April 24th||Who Also Died On November 6th|
Copyright © www.quotesby.net