ezra pound Quotes
Ezra Pound QuotesBirth Date: 1885-10-30 (Friday, October 30th, 1885)
Date of Death: 1972-11-01 (Wednesday, November 1st, 1972)
Discover how to find info about file extension apk with articles and other interesting information.
ezra pound life timeline
|Ezra Pound is awarded the first Bollingen Prize in poetry by the Bollingen Foundation and Yale University.||Saturday, February 19th, 1949|
|A United States federal court rules that poet Ezra Pound is to be released from an insane asylum.||Friday, April 18th, 1958|
- Image:that which presents an intellectual and emotional complex in an instant of time.
- Poetry must be as well written as prose.
- Hang it all, Robert Browning, there can be but the one 'Sordello.'
- Make it new!
- But the one thing you shd. not do is suppose that when something is wrong with the arts, it is wrong with the arts ONLY.
- The temple is holy because it is not for sale.
- The author's conviction on this day of the New Year is that music begins to atrophy when it departs too far from the dance; that poetry begins to atrophy when it gets too far from music.
- Literature is news that STAYS news.
- Any general statement is like a cheque drawn on a bank. Its value depends on what is there to meet it.
- The man of understanding can no more sit quiet and resigned while his country lets literature decay than a good doctor could sit quiet and contented while some ignorant child was infecting itself with tuberculosis under the impression that it was merely eating jam tarts.
- AT ABOUT THIS POINT the weak-hearted reader usually sits down in the road, removes his shoes and weeps that he 'is a bad linguist' or that he or she can't possibly learn all those languages. One has to divide the readers who want to be experts from those who do not, and divide, as it were, those who want to see the world from those who merely want to know WHAT PART OF IT THEY LIVE IN.
- Real education must ultimately be limited to one who INSISTS on knowing, the rest is mere sheep-herding.
- My worst mistake was the stupid suburban prejudice of anti-Semitism, all along.
- Nothing written for pay is worth printing. ONLY what has been written AGAINST the market.
- The art of letters will come to an end before A.D. 2000. I shall survive as a curiosity.
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On October 30th||Who Also Died On November 1st|
Copyright © www.quotesby.net