fred dibnah Quotes
Fred Dibnah QuotesBirth Date: 1938-04-29 (Friday, April 29th, 1938)
Date of Death: 2004-11-06 (Saturday, November 6th, 2004)
Discover how to find info about file extension apk with articles and other interesting information.
- 'Did yer like that!?'
- ' Mmmm. Aye. Oh aye. Y'know?'
- 'A man who says he feels no fear is either a fool or a liar.'
- 'I realise that steam engines aren't everyone's cup of tea. But they're what made England great.'
- 'The modern world stinks.'
- 'We've become a nation of con men, living by selling double glazing to each other.'
- 'Steam engines don't answer back. You can belt them with a hammer and they say nowt.'
- 'I set out as a steeplejack in my youth to preserve chimneys. I've finished by knocking most of them down.'
- 'Height gives you a wonderful feeling of grandeur. You're the king of the castle up here.'
- 'I have a wash more now than I used to y'know... I have a shower everynight.'
- 'I'm just a bum who climbs chimneys.'
- 'Anybody who destroys anything made of stone should be prosecuted. It is not all beautiful, but it took a man all day to make one stone.'
- 'Steeplejacking's a bit of a spasmodic job, so you can play with your steam engine instead. It's a bit like being very rich.'
- 'If you make one mistake, it's half a day out with the undertaker.'
- 'It's a funny thing this celebrity. If you don't wave back you're a miserable bugger, if you do wave back you're a big-headed bugger. I don't know.'
- 'The thing is nowadays, you'll have 20 men working, yet 60 men telling them 'You can't do that, you ain't got a tin hat on''.
- 'Teaching boys to bake cakes? That's no way to maintain an industrial empire.'
- 'By 'eck it were grand.'
- 'Them fancy London types don't know the pleasure of eating chips with fingers'
- 'That's Bolton's biggest chimney that... and I climbed it for a ten bob wager. Never did get the ten bob though.'
- Fred also previously received two honorary doctorates ..... They were both given by the relevant engineering faculties, but Fred always told people that they were for 'back street mechanicing'.
- 'I've never fell off a big chimney. You'd only fall off one of them once.'
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On April 29th||Who Also Died On November 6th|
Copyright © www.quotesby.net