ruhollah khomeini Quotes
Ruhollah Khomeini QuotesBirth Date: 1900-05-17 (Thursday, May 17th, 1900)
Date of Death: 1989-06-03 (Saturday, June 3rd, 1989)
Discover how to find info about file extension apk with articles and other interesting information.
ruhollah khomeini life timeline
|Movement of 15 Khordad: Protest against arrest of Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini by Shah of Iran, Mohammad Reza Pahlavi. In several cities, masses of angry demonstrators are confronted by tanks and paratroopers.||Wednesday, June 5th, 1963|
|Islamic revolution of Iran achieves victory under the leadership of Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini.||Sunday, February 11th, 1979|
|Iran hostage crisis: Iranian leader Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini orders the release of 13 female and black American hostages being held at the US Embassy in Tehran.||Monday, November 19th, 1979|
|Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini names Abolhassan Banisadr as president of Iran.||Monday, February 4th, 1980|
|Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini states that Iran s parliament would decide the fate of the American embassy hostages.||Saturday, February 23rd, 1980|
|Iranian leader Ruhollah Khomeini issues a fatwa encouraging Muslims to kill the author of The Satanic Verses, Salman Rushdie.||Tuesday, February 14th, 1989|
|Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini offers a USD $3 million bounty for the death of The Satanic Verses author Salman Rushdie.||Friday, February 24th, 1989|
|Ali Khamenei is elected the new Supreme Leader of Islamic republic of Iran by the Assembly of Experts after the death of Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini.||Sunday, June 4th, 1989|
- If the religious leaders have influence, they will not permit girls and boys to wrestle together, as recently happened in Shiraz.
- In the Islamic Republic the rights of the religious minorities are respectfully regarded.
- In the Islamic government all people have complete freedom to have any kind of opinion.
- There is no room for play in Islam ... It is deadly serious about everything.
- All those against the revolution must disappear and quickly be executed.
- This regime occupying Jerusalem must vanish from the page of time.
- Islam's jihad is a struggle against idolatry, sexual deviations, plunder, repression, and cruelty. The war waged by [non-Muslim] conquerors, however, aims at promoting lust and animal pleasures. They care not if whole countries are wiped out and many families left homeless. But those who study jihad will understand why Islam wants to conquer the whole world. All the countries conquered by Islam or to be conquered in the future will be marked for everlasting salvation. For they shall live under [God's law].}}
- We do not worship Iran, we worship Allah. For patriotism is another name for paganism. I say let this land [Iran] burn. I say let this land go up in smoke, provided Islam emerges triumphant in the rest of the world.
- In the Islamic Republic the rights of the religious minorities are respectfully regarded.
- In Iran's future Islamic system everyone can express their opinion, and the Islamic government will respond to logic with logic.
- America is the great Satan, the wounded snake.
- As long as the Shah's satanic power prevails, not a single true representative of the people can possibly be elected
- If one permits an infidel to continue in his role as a corrupter of the earth, his moral suffering will be all the worse. If one kills the infidel, and this stops him from perpetrating his misdeeds, his death will be a blessing to him.
- [Peter Jennings:] What do you feel? [Khomeini:] Nothing!
- The author of the Satanic Verses book, which is against Islam, the Prophet and the Qu'ran, and all those involved in its publication who were aware of its content, are sentenced to death. I ask all Muslims to execute them wherever they find them.
- The crimes committed here foul the name and holiness of Jesus Christ in the eyes of the Iranian people.
- If the Shah is not destroyed, you shall become slaves of pagans. Foreigners shall take your womenfolk; they shall plunder all your natural wealth and put the Muslim community to eternal shame.
- The Shah is saying that he is granting liberty to the people. Hear me, you pompous toad! Who are you to grant freedom? It is Allah who grants freedom...It is Islam which grants freedom.
- It was worse than taking poison.
- Islam is not a dull religion limited to the relation between man and his God, Islam is a political religion. Its politics are mixed up with its other rules and worship, and as the governments have political dimensions, Islam also has other political dimensions.
- A man who has both knowledge and virtue is happy both here and in the Hereafter!
- A corrupt learned person corrupts the world.
- Familiarize the people with the truth of Islam so that the young generation may not think that the men of religion in the mosques of Qum and al-Najaf believe in the separation of church from state, that they study nothing other than menstruation and childbirth and that they have nothing to do with politics.
- Let the illiterate all rise to learn and all literate brothers and sisters rise to teach!
- Man needs knowledge as well as education to the end of his life. No man can do without them.
- Let's change machine guns with pens.
- We shall eradicate illiteracy in best possible manner.
- Defending the mustazafin [the meek, the oppressed, the deprived, etc] is the way of Islam! In pursuit of the grand Islam, we support all oppressed peoples.
- Enforce justice, do not justice only for others, seek it for yourselves as well. Justice is justice and cruelty and crime are cruelty and crime regardless of the source.
- In Islam, the legislative power and competence to establish laws belong exclusively to God Almighty.
- Islam does not favour unbridled, oppressive capitalism which deprives the masses. Rather, Islam condemns such practices severely in Quran and Tradition and regards it against social justice. Nor is Islam in accord with regimes like communism, Marxist-Leninism which oppose private ownership and favor common ownership.
- Serve the oppressed, the needy and the slum-dwellers for they are our benefactors!
- The Iranians want justice, liberty and independence and believe they can achieve them only by the light of Islam and its laws.
- We must try to purge this nation of the culture of palace residency.
- God knows that I ask no rights, privileges, immunities or prerogatives for mysell If I err, I am ready for the consequences. I hope Khomeini will never deviate from the straight path of Islam which is to fight the oppressive powers.
- I am a brother to the people of Iran and regard myself as a servant and soldier of them.
- I would rather be called servant than leader. Leadership is not the issue, service is topical. Islam has made it incumbent on us to serve.
- I need no financial aid. I fight the Shah with a pen and a sheet of paper and, if I needed help, my nation will help me.
- A child's first school is the mother's lap.
- From the viewpoint of human rights, there is no difference between men and women because both are human and women can decide about their own destinies just like men.
- In our age women have proved that in a fight they march by the side of men or ahead of them.
- Men ascend to high Heavens from the lap of the women.
- I observe a wonderous change in the community of women, far beyond that of men.
- Iranian women have a larger part than men in this Movement and Revolution.
- Not only Shiism does not exclude women from the arena of social life, rather, it places women in their lofty human station.
- You brave, dear sisters insured victory for Islam, shoulder-to-shoulder with men.
- 'by the bank of Kowthar (A stream in heaven), with lips parched by thirst, By the side of the Beloved (God) with heart afire by longing!'
- Mindfulness of God, migrating from oneself to God - (which is the greatest migration)-, migration from ego to truth, and from this world to the Invisible, have all fortified you..
- Evidently, adoration, worship and sanctification of God requires Knowledge and awareness of His Most Exalted Station, Attributes of His beauty and grandeur, Without due knowledge and awareness ,it cannot be fulfilled..
- Neglecting God tarnishes the heart more, gives the ego and devil domination over man and daily increases corruption. Recitation and remembrance of imparts serenity to the heart, burnishes it and makes it a mirror reflecting the Beloved. It purges and purifies the soul and saves the man from the boils of ego.
- the universe in God's presence, do not sin in His presence. Do not quarrel over false and mortal things in His presence. Work for God's sake and advance.
- Great God's praise and salaam to Hazrat Esau (Jesus) son of Mary, the Spirit of God and His Grand Messenger who revived the dead and awakened the slumbering ones. God's praise and salaam to his noble mother, Maryam (Mary) who, by divine breath, gave such a great child to those who thirst for God's mercy.
- The comprehensiveness and all-inclusiveness of Islam is such that anyone who understands it admits it is beyond the limits of the human mind and cannot be the product of the power of human science and intellect.
- Islam is dearer than what we imagine.
- The school of Islam is the school of purification and refinement.
- Man may conceal things from all mortal eyes but everyting about us is preserved with God and He reverts to us all our deeds.
- Invoke Almighty God for, God willing, it will solve all difficulties.
- All of our divine duties are blessings of God but we think they are obligations.
- Islam adjusts material matters in such a way that they merge with d:affairs.
- Islam has said everything, but the difficulty rests with the Muslims.
- The day danger to Islam is deemed imminent we must all make sacrifices.
- The woman is the tor of mankind.
- Men ascend to high havens from the lap of the women.
- God knows that I ask no rights, privileges, immunities or prerogatives for myself. If I err, I am ready for the consequences
- If ever I see it is expedient to Islam that I say something, I'll say it and it up without fear of anything. Thanks God, I've not felt fear so far. T they were taking me away, it was they who were afraid and i pacified it
- Any Muslim who has accepted the principles and decrees of Islam and in whose conduct and behavior an exact Shiite discipline is observable, is a member of the Hizbullah. The Quran and Islam have set forth the mandate and all the decrees concerning this Party or Hizb. This Party is something other than the ordinary parties.
- We should not worry defeat, we should worry failure to perform our duties.
- Ashura is the day of general mourning by the oppressed nation; it is - the epic day, - the rebirth of Islam and the Muslims
- Behave in such a way that when you depart for God's Threshold you may be able to hold your head up.
- Know that faith is one of the spiritual excellences that very few are aware of its light essence. Even the faithful are not aware of the radiance of their faith and the blessings it bears for them at the threshold of God as long as they are bound to this world and abide in the darkness of Nature.
- I cannot admit that a man without moral standards may act for the people.
- Try to enhance morality among this nation. It is by morality that you can preserve your independence and attain to stages of excellence.
- Patience and forebearance ease the burden of misfortunes on man, facilitate the difficulties and strengthen the will and resolution.
- The greater a purpose the greater the pains to attain to it, one must be tolerant.
- Whenever one says 'I', be sure his 'I' is evil.
- Know that the wicked quality of self-conceit emerges from self-love.
- One cannot be selfworshiping and God worshiping at the same time.
- No fault is greater than not understanding one's own fault and ignoring it and though one is a collection of faults, himself yet be concerned with the faults of others.
- Why should complexes of the heart mislead men and carnal passions put aside all things and observe only the faults?
- Do not ever become disappointed in your affairs for all things do not become rectified at once and major works are carried out little by little.
- Despair is of the army of Satan and hopefulness is that of God. Be always hopeful.
- Moral values are the permanent values.
- When objectives are superb, the toils to reach them must be ignored.
- Fear nothing, when God is with you, all things are with you.
- We trust in God and fear nothing.
- He who has God with him fears nothing save His Might.
- From the beginning of the creation to the present there have always been two parties, one divine, the other Satanic and each has had separate outcome
- Islam's predestined circumstances are also predestined for all Muslims.
- It is incumbent on all, regardless of where we work and serve, to preserve Islamic standards before all services.
- Islam is set against all paganism, at present, not you or I. you and I do not count.
- The major problem of the Muslims is their separation from Islam an Quran
- This man (meaning imam Ali) is the manifestation of all fairness and justice, he is the wonder of the universe and from the Beginning to Eternity, no man except His Holiness the Prophet (SAW) can match him in excellence.
- Morals, Celestial Manifestations, Divine manifestations, manifestation of celestial kingdom, of worldly elegance, all are compounded in this Being ( hazrat Fatima Zahra, daughter of the prophet).
- The revolution of Iranian people is the starting point for the grand revolution of Islamic world under the banner of His Holliness Hojjat ( proof, title of the 12th Imam now in occultation, expected to reappear)
- The Tragic event that befell Amirulmumenin ( a title of Imam Ali ) and Islam is greater than that which befell the Seyyed-al-Shohada ( a title of Imam Hosein).
- The prophets did not succeed in carrying out their missions and Almighty God will send someone (12Th. Infallible Imam) to implement them at the end of time.
- You must remember that all of us have another day, (the Last Day), do not doubt this! We have a day of reckoning before us. Everything will be considered and calculated on that day, man himself should give an account of his doings. On that day, pens, hands, eyes, all come and testify. We have such a day!
- In this world the intercession of the pre-emptors becomes manifest by their guidaflce in the Hereafter, the essence of guidance is intercession per se. If your portion of guidance is nil, you shall receive no intercession; to the extent you receive guidance, you'll receive intercession.
- Cultivate your egos, purge them. This world has a definite end for all of us, for me sooner, then for you.
- The Imam throughout his life called America 'the Great Satan'. He believed that all the Muslims' problems were caused by America.
- The freedom-lovers of the world mourn the sad demise of Imam Khomeini.
- The name of Khomeini will always remain in the new chapter of Iranian history.
- One should express his viewpoint regarding what he performed in his country and in a vast part of the world with great respect and deep thought.
- Imam Khomeini and the Iranian nation performed a great historical act. In my opinion, as a western and non-Muslim person, I believe, it is a miracle that a divine revolution in today's world takes place in such a manner.
- Khomeini has offered us the opportunity to regain our frail religion ... faith in the power of words.
- What he [Stalin] did in Russia we have to do in Iran. We, too, have to do a lot of killing. A lot.
- I thought using the Ayatollah's money to support the Nicaraguan resistance was a neat idea.
- Since Khomeini's death, the popular appeal of an Islamic state - and of fundamentalism - has surely dimmed. Thinkers still debate and warriors kill, but no country seems prepared to emulate Iran. Perhaps revolutions happen only under majestic leaders, and no one like Khomeini has since appeared.
- The Islamic Revolution of Iran is honourable for it is the cry which has its origin in Ayatollah Khomeini's conscience.
- It's almost impossible to deal with a crazy man, except that he does have religious beliefs, and the world of Islam will be damaged if a fanatic like him should commit murder in the name of religion against 60 innocent people.
- Ali Khamenei
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On May 17th||Who Also Died On June 3rd|
Copyright © www.quotesby.net