- I was hanging out the other night with a bunch of friends I've known forever. They were saying, 'Look at you. You've grown into a swan.' I looked at them and said, 'My awkward phase lasted about three years longer than all of yours combined.' I related to the physical and emotional awkwardness Mia goes through. She has incredibly low self-esteem. A lot of my life was spent having the same thing, but I'm getting over that now.
- Taking a year off and going to school was the best thing I could have done after The Princess Diaries. It taught me that I don't need Hollywood or a job to make me happy.
- We've all done things we shouldn't, it's just I did stuff at college, when nobody knew about it, so I'm not a saint. ... I wasted time doing self-destructive things but it didn't work. I found out you can only dance on so many tabletops. I got that all out of my system and now I'm healthy and I'm grounded.
- Before I met him, I wasted so much time. I was just annoying and narcissistic, and smelled bad. He's protective without being possessive, passionate without needing to show his temper. I'm sorry, I know I sound insipid.
- My entire film career's been dependent on my ability to look unattractive.
- I have the rest of my life to play prostitutes, drug addicts and all of the good roles. But you can only wear a tiara for so long, and I'm kind of nearing the end of that.
- Anne Hathaway at IMDb