sarah orne jewett Quotes
Sarah Orne Jewett QuotesBirth Date: 1849-09-03 (Monday, September 3rd, 1849)
Date of Death: 1909-06-24 (Thursday, June 24th, 1909)
Discover how to find info about file extension apk with articles and other interesting information.
- A harbor, even if it is a little harbor, is a good thing, since adventurers come into it as well as go out, and the life in it grows strong, because it takes something from the world, and has something to give in return.
- The thing that teases the mind over and over for years, and at last gets itself put down rightly on paper-whether little or great, it belongs to Literature.
- Captain Littlepage had overset his mind with too much reading.
- The old poets little knew what comfort they could be to a man.
- 'Step in some afternoon,' he said, as affectionately as if I were a fellow-shipmaster wrecked on the lee shore of age like himself.
- We were standing where there was a fine view of the harbor and its long stretches of shore all covered by the great army of the pointed firs, darkly cloaked and standing as if they waited to embark. As we looked far seaward among the outer islands, the trees seemed to march seaward still, going steadily over the heights and down to the water's edge.
- Tact is after all a kind of mind-reading.
- Yes'm, old friends is always best, 'less you can catch a new one that's fit to make an old one out of.
- In the life of each of us, I said to myself, there is a place remote and islanded, and given to endless regret or secret happiness.
- 'Tain't worthwhile to wear a day all out before it comes.
- The road was new to me, as roads always are, going back.
- So we die before our own eyes; so we see some chapters of our lives come to their natural end.
- It does seem so pleasant to talk with an old acquaintance who knows what you know. I see so many new folks nowadays who seem to have neither past nor future. Conversation has got to have some root in the past, or else you have got to explain every remark you make, and it wears a person out.
- When I was as you are now, towering in the confidence of twenty-one, little did I suspect that I should be at forty-nine, what I now am.
sarah orne jewett
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On September 3rd||Who Also Died On June 24th|
Copyright © www.quotesby.net