alphonse de lamartine Quotes
Alphonse de Lamartine QuotesBirth Date: 1790-10-21 (Thursday, October 21st, 1790)
Date of Death: 1869-02-28 (Sunday, February 28th, 1869)
Discover how to find info about file extension apk with articles and other interesting information.
- O time, arrest your flight! and you, propitious hours, arrest your course! Let us savor the fleeting delights of our most beautiful days!
- I say to this night: 'Pass more slowly'; and the dawn will come to dispel the night.
- Let us love the passing hour, let us hurry up and enjoy our time.
- Love alone was left, as a great image of a dream that was erased.
- Limited in his nature, infinite in his desires, man is a fallen god who remembers the heavens.
- What is our life but a succession of preludes to that unknown song whose first solemn note is sounded by death?
- Experience is the only prophesy of wise men.
- To love for the sake of being loved is human, but to love for the sake of loving is angelic.
- The more I see of the representatives of the people, the more I admire my dogs.
- Sometimes, only one person is missing, and the whole world seems depopulated.
- A conscience without God is like a court without a judge.
- Grief knits two hearts in closer bonds than happiness ever can; and common sufferings are far stronger links than common joys.
- If one had but a single glance to give the world, one should gaze on Istanbul.
- Private passions tire and exhaust themselves, public ones never.
- Providence conceals itself in the details of human affairs, but becomes unveiled in the generalities of history.
- There is a woman at the begining of all great things.
- Our only truth is our sorrow.
- What crime have we commited in order to be born?
- God is nothing but a dream word, in order to explain the existence of the world.
- I am tired of museums - these cemeteries of art.
alphonse de lamartine
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On October 21st||Who Also Died On February 28th|
Copyright © www.quotesby.net