john heywood Quotes
John Heywood Quotes
Read about file extension history in file extension history DB.
- The loss of wealth is loss of dirt, As sages in all times assert; The happy man's without a shirt.
- Let the world slide, let the world go; A fig for care, and a fig for woe! If I can't pay, why I can owe, And death makes equal the high and low.
- Haste maketh waste.
- Good to be merry and wise.
- Look ere ye leap.
- He that will not when he may, When he would he shall have nay.
- The fat is in the fire.
- When the sun shineth, make hay.
- The tide tarrieth no man.
- Fast bind, fast find.
- And while I at length debate and beat the bush, There shall step in other men and catch the birds.
- Wedding is destiny, And hanging likewise.
- A hard beginning maketh a good ending.
- Like will to like.
- When the sky falleth we shall have larks.
- Nothing is impossible to a willing heart.
- Hold their noses to grindstone.
- The nearer to the church, the further from God.
- Better is to bow than break.
- It hurteth not the tongue to give fair words.
- Two heads are better than one.
- To tell tales out of school.
- To hold with the hare and run with the hound.
- All is well that ends well.
- Of a good beginning cometh a good end.
- Better late than never.
- Ill weed groweth fast.
- Beggars should be no choosers.
- To rob Peter and pay Paul.
- A man may well bring a horse to water, But he cannot make him drink without he will.
- Rome was not built in one day.
- Children learn to creep ere they can learn to go.
- Better is half a loaf than no bread.
- Nought venture nought have.
- Children and fools cannot lie.
- Who is worse shod than the shoemaker's wife?
- One good turn asketh another.
- A hair of the dog that bit us.
- But in deed, A friend is never known till a man have need.
- A woman hath nine lives like a cat.
- A penny for your thought.
- You cannot see the wood for the trees.
- Tit for tat.
- Three may keep counsel, if two be away.
- Many hands make light work.
- There is no fire without some smoke.
- Set the cart before the horse.
- The more the merrier.
- It is better to be An old man's darling than a young man's warling.
- The moon is made of greene cheese.
- I know on which side my bread is buttered.
- Love me, love my dog.
- An ill wind that bloweth no man to good.
- For when I gave you an inch, you took an ell.
- Would ye both eat your cake and have your cake?
- Every man for himself and God for us all.
- Though he love not to buy the pig in the poke.
- This hitteth the nail on the head.
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On ||Who Also Died On |
Copyright © www.quotesby.net