judith martin Quotes
Judith Martin QuotesBirth Date: 1938-09-13 (Tuesday, September 13th, 1938)
Discover how to find info about file extension apk with articles and other interesting information.
- If written directions alone would suffice, libraries wouldn't need to have the rest of the universities attached.
- You can deny all you want that there is etiquette, and a lot of people do in everyday life. But if you behave in a way that offends the people you're trying to deal with, they will stop dealing with you...There are plenty of people who say, 'We don't care about etiquette, but we can't stand the way so-and-so behaves, and we don't want him around!' Etiquette doesn't have the great sanctions that the law has. But the main sanction we do have is in not dealing with these people and isolating them because their behavior is unbearable.
- 'Dear Miss Manners: How is a hat correctly worn?
- 'Dear Miss Manners: Does joint custody mean I always have to be polite to someone I can't stand?
- Traditionally, a luncheon is a lunch that takes an eon.
- There are three possible parts to a date, of which at least two must be offered: entertainment, food, and affection. It is customary to begin a series of dates with a great deal of entertainment, a moderate amount of food, and the merest suggestion of affection. As the amount of affection increases, the entertainment can be reduced proportionately. When the affection IS the entertainment, we no longer call it dating. Under no circumstances can the food be omitted.
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On September 13th||Who Also Died On |
Copyright © www.quotesby.net