katharine hepburn Quotes
Katharine Hepburn QuotesBirth Date: 1907-05-12 (Sunday, May 12th, 1907)
Date of Death: 2003-06-29 (Sunday, June 29th, 2003)
Discover how to find info about file extension apk with articles and other interesting information.
katharine hepburn life timeline
|At the U.S. Academy Awards, a tie for the Academy Award for Best Actress is achieved by Katharine Hepburn and Barbra Streisand.||Sunday, April 14th, 1968|
- Acting is one of the lesser skills man can possess. Honestly, Shirley Temple was doing it when she was four years old!
- Acting is the perfect idiot's profession.
- As for me, prizes are nothing. My prize is my work.
- Being a housewife and a mother is the biggest job in the world, but if it doesn't interest you, don't do it - I would have made a terrible mother.
- Death will be a great relief. No more interviews.
- Drive on. We'll sweep up the blood later!
- Enemies are so stimulating.
- I can remember walking as a child. It was not customary to say you were fatigued. It was customary to complete the goal of the expedition.
- I don't care what is written about me so long as it isn't true.
- I have many regrets, and I'm sure everyone does. The stupid things you do, you regret if you have any sense, and if you don't regret them, maybe you're stupid.
- I never realized until lately that women were supposed to be the inferior sex.
- I think most of the people involved in any art always secretly wonder whether they are really there because they're good or there because they're lucky.
- If you always do what interests you, at least one person is pleased.
- If you obey all the rules you miss all the fun.
- If you want to sacrifice the admiration of many men for the criticism of one, go ahead, get married.
- I'm an atheist, and that's it. I believe there's nothing we can know except that we should be kind to each other and do what we can for people.
- It's a business you go into because you're an egocentric. It's a very embarrassing profession.
- It's a rather rude gesture, but at least it's clear what you mean.
- It's life isn't it? You plow ahead and make a hit. And you plow on and someone passes you. Then someone passes them. Time levels.
- Life is hard. After all, it kills you.
- Life is to be lived. If you have to support yourself, you had bloody well better find some way that is going to be interesting. And you don't do that by sitting around.
- Living wasn't easy for you, was it? You couldn't enter your own life, but you could be someone else. You weren't you then; you were safe.
- Love has nothing to do with what you are expecting to get - only with what you are expecting to give - which is everything.
- Marriage is a series of desperate arguments people feel passionately about.
- My greatest strength is common sense. I'm really a standard brand - like Campbell's tomato soup or Baker's chocolate.
- Not everyone is lucky enough to understand how delicious it is to suffer.
- Only the really plain people know about love - the very fascinating ones try so hard to create an impression that they soon exhaust their talents.
- Plain women know more about men than beautiful women do.
- Barbara Walters: So, Kate, do you even own a skirt? Katharine Hepburn: I own one, Barbara. I shall wear it to your funeral.
- Someone asked someone who was about my age: 'How are you?' The answer was, 'Fine. If you don't ask for details.'
- Sometimes I wonder if men and women really suit each other. Perhaps they should live next door and just visit now and then.
- The average Hollywood film star's ambition is to be admired by an American, courted by an Italian, married to an Englishman and have a French boyfriend.
- To keep your character intact you cannot stoop to filthy acts. It makes it easier to stoop the next time.
- We are taught you must blame your father, your sisters, your brothers, the school, the teachers - but never blame yourself. It's never your fault. But it's always your fault, because if you wanted to change you're the one who has got to change.
- When I started out, I didn't have any desire to be an actress or to learn how to act. I just wanted to be famous.
- Why slap them on the wrist with feather when you can belt them over the head with a sledgehammer?
- Without discipline, there's no life at all.
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On May 12th||Who Also Died On June 29th|
Copyright © www.quotesby.net