oprah winfrey Quotes
Oprah Winfrey QuotesBirth Date: 1954-01-29 (Friday, January 29th, 1954)
Discover how to find info about file extension apk with articles and other interesting information.
- It felt like a new day.
- I understand why people think we're gay. There isn't a definition in our culture for this kind of bond between women. So I get why people have to label it - how can you be this close without it being sexual?
- What I learned at a very early age was that I was responsible for my life. And as I became more spiritually conscious, I learned that we all are responsible for ourselves, that you create your own reality by the way you think and therefore act. You cannot blame apartheid, your parents, your circumstances, because you are not your circumstances. You are your possibilities. If you know that, you can do anything.
- What other people label or might try to call failure, I have learned is just God's way of pointing you in a new direction.
- Always continue the climb. It is possible for you to do whatever you choose, if you first get to know who you are and are willing to work with a power that is greater than ourselves to do it.
- As you become more clear about who you really are, you'll be better able to decide what is best for you- the first time around.
- Be thankful for what you have; you'll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don't have, you will never, ever have enough.
- 'Become the change you want to see'- those are words I live by.
- Don't live your life to please other people.
- Everyone wants to ride with you in the limo, but what you need is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.
- I am a woman in process. I'm just trying like everybody else. I try to take every conflict, every experience, and learn from it. Life is never dull.
- I believe that every single event in life happens in an opportunity to choose love over fear.
- I believe that everyone is the keeper of a dream- and by tuning into one another's secret hopes, we can become better friends, better partners, better parents, and better lovers.
- I define joy as a sustained sense of well-being and internal peace- a connection to what matters.
- I don't believe in failure. It is not failure if you enjoyed the process.
- I don't think of myself as a poor deprived ghetto girl who made good. I think of myself as somebody who from an early age knew I was responsible for myself, and I had to make good.
- I know for sure that what we dwell on is who we become.
- I trust that everything happens for a reason, even when we're not wise enough to see it.
- I was raised to believe that excellence is the best deterrent to racism or sexism. And that's how I operate my life.
- I'm black, I don't feel burdened by it and I don't think it's a huge responsibility. It's part of who I am. It does not define me.
- If you come to fame not understanding who you are, it will define who you are.
- It isn't until you come to a spiritual understanding of who you are- not necessarily a religious feeling, but deep down, the spirit within- that you can begin to take control.
- Luck is a matter of preparation meeting opportunity.
- My philosophy is that not only are you responsible for your life, but doing the best at this moment puts you in the best place for the next moment.
- Real integrity is doing the right thing, knowing that nobody's going to know whether you did it or not.
- The big secret in life is that there is no big secret. Whatever your goal, you can get there if you're willing to work.
- The biggest adventure you can ever take is to live the life of your dreams.
- The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate.
- Though I am grateful for the blessings of wealth, it hasn't changed who I am. My feet are still on the ground. I'm just wearing better shoes.
- Turn your wounds into wisdom.
- Understand that the right to choose your own path is a sacred privilege. Use it. Dwell in possiblity.
- Unless you choose to do great things with it, it makes no difference how much you are rewarded, or how much power you have.
- We are each responsible for our own life- no other person is or even can be.
- We can't become what we need to be by remaining what we are.
- What I know for sure is that what you give comes back to you.
- What we're all striving for is authenticity, a spirit-to-spirit connection.
- Whatever you fear most has no power- it is your fear that has the power.
- Where there is no struggle, there is no strength.
- With every experience, you alone are painting your own canvas, thought by thought, choice by choice.
- You are what you are by what you believe!
- You can have it all you just can't have it all at one time.
- More than a great star, you are a 20th century political figure. Your good works have touched all of us. - Phil Donahue after Oprah won the Lifetime Achievement Award
- My va-jay-jay is painin'!
- She actually is somebody who has the ability to move mountains and change minds.
- Oprah is different. Oprah has an army out there that really listens. She's one of the great marketing machines in history.
- So far, I don't see anything negative on this woman. I think she's a real icon. She's much more complex and complicated than just a talk show host. Maya Angelou has said she sees her as a true missionary. Everybody has a different take on Oprah.
- She's -- her great strength, if anybody watches the show -- and I think everybody does in Iowa; it's the number one show in Iowa -- she's instructive. She's empowering. Every time you watch an Oprah broadcast, at the end of it, you know more than you started and you feel stronger. That's her strength.
- You have to admire Oprah Winfrey. She is the most powerful woman in the country and comes from a very humble background. The woman has succeeded on talent and energy.
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On January 29th||Who Also Died On |
Copyright © www.quotesby.net