kanye west Quotes
Kanye West QuotesBirth Date: 1977-06-08 (Wednesday, June 8th, 1977)
Discover how to find info about file extension apk with articles and other interesting information.
- I hate music where white people are trying to sound black. The white music I like is white.
- They think they can say those words and take ownership of hip-hop. You can't. It's a lifestyle. It's a culture. It's not just music.
- I hate the way they portray us in the media. You see a black family, it says, 'They're looting.' You see a white family, it says, 'They're looking for food.' And, you know, it's been five days [waiting for federal help] because most of the people are black. And even for me to complain about it, I would be a hypocrite because I've tried to turn away from the TV because it's too hard to watch. I've even been shopping before even giving a donation, so now I'm calling my business manager right now to see what is the biggest amount I can give, and just to imagine if I was down there, and those are my people down there. So anybody out there that wants to do anything that we can help -- with the way America is set up to help the poor, the black people, the less well-off, as slow as possible. I mean, the Red Cross is doing everything they can. We already realize a lot of people that could help are at war right now, fighting another way -- and they've given them permission to go down and shoot us! [...] George Bush doesn't care about black people.
- I still think I am the greatest.
- Ya'll might as well get the music ready 'cause this is gonna take a while. When I had my accident, I found out at that moment, nothing in life is promised except death. If you have the opportunity to play this game called life, you have to appreciate every moment. A lot of people don't appreciate their moment until it's passed. And then you got to tell those Al Bundy stories: 'You remember when I...' Right now, it's my time and my moment, thanks to the fans, thanks to the accident, thanks to God, thanks to Roc-A-Fella, Jay-Z, Dame Dash, G, my mother, Rhymefest, everyone that's helped me. And I plan to celebrate and scream and pop champagne every chance I get, 'cause I'm at the Grammy's baby! I know everybody asked me the question, they wanted to know, 'What, Kan, I know he's gonna wile out, I know he's gonna do something crazy.' Everybody wanted to know what I would do, if I didn't win... I guess we'll never know!
- I am the greatest show on Earth.
- 'Man, I promise I'm so self conscious/Thats why you always see me with at least one of my watches'
- 'And I can't even go to the grocery store without some ones that's clean and a shirt with a team/It seems we living the American dream but people highest up got the lowest self esteem/The prettiest people do the ugliest things for the road to riches and diamond rings.'
- 'We'll buy a lot of clothes when we don't really need 'em/Things we buy to cover up what's inside/Cause they make us hate ourself and love they wealth.'
- 'We all self conscious I'm just the first to admit it'
- 'Drug dealer buy Jordans, crackhead buy crack, and the white man gets paid off of all of that'
- 'I get down for my Grandfather who took my momma/Made her sit in that seat where white folks ain't wanna us to eat/At the tender age of 6 she was arrested for the sit-ins/And with that in my blood I was born to be different/Now niggas can't make it to the ballots to choose leadership/But we can make it to Jacob and to the dealership/That's why I hear new music and I just don't be feelin' it/Racism still alive they just be concealin' it/But I know they don't want me in the damn club/They even make me show ID to get inside of Sam's Club/I done did dirt and went to Church to get my hands scrubbed/Swear I been baptized at least three or four times/But in a land where niggas praise Yukon's and gettin' paid/It's gonna take a lot more than coupons to get us saved/Like it take a lot more than du-rags to get you waves/Nothing as sad as that day my girl's father passed away/So I promise to Mr. Rainey I'm going to marry your daughter/And you know I gotta thank you for the way that she was brought up'
- 'My freshman year I was goin through hell, a problem/Still I, built up the nerve to drop my ass up outta collllllll-ege/My teacher said I'se a loser, I told her why don't you kill me/I give a fuck if you fail me, I'm gonna folllllllllll-ow/My heart, and if you follow the charts, to the plaques or the stacks/You ain't gotta guess who's back'
- 'Told 'em I finished school, and I started my own business/They say, 'Oh you graduated?'/No, I decided I was finished/ Chasin' y'all dreams and what you've got planned/Now I spit it so hot you got tanned'
- 'Roc-A-Fella chain, yeah that's my rapper style/Rosary piece, yeah that's my Catholic style/Red and white One's, yeah that's my Kappa style/And I ain't even pledge/Crack my head on the steering wheel and I ain't even dead/If I could go through all that and still be breathing/Bitch bend over, I'm here for a reason'
- 'And I'm a big tipper, I don't even be trippin'. This my first real Rolex, it don't even be tickin'. This my first pair of earings I can can wear in the shower, without 'em clouding up in a half an hour!'
- 'You don't remember when you was my sweetest? You don't remember I called you Reese's Pieces? 'Cause there's no wrong way to do you know what!'
- 'Make black history every day, I don't need a month.'
- 'Ralph Lauren was borin' before I worn him'
- 'I know it's past visitin hours, but can I please give her these flowers?'
- 'You know the best medicine go to people thats payed/If Magic Johnson got a cure for AIDS and all the broke motherfuckers passed away/ You tellin me if my grandma's in the NBA, right now she would be ok?/ But since she was just a secretary workin' for the church for thirty-five years/things supposed to stop right here?'
- 'Jay's favorite line, 'Dog, in due time.' Now he look at me like, 'Damn, dog, you're where I am,' a hip-hop legend. I think I died in that accident, 'cause this must be heaven.'
- 'It don't have to be mother's day or your birthday, for me to just call and say, hey mama.'
- 'Who gave Saddam anthrax, George Bush's got an answer/How to stop the Black Panthers, Ronald Regan's got an answer...'
- 'Over here is the drug trade we die for drugs/ Over there they die from what we buy from drugs'
- 'Little is know of Sierra Lione/And how it connects to the diamonds we own/When I speak of diamonds in this song I ain't about the ones that be glowin'/I'm talkin' bout Roc-a-Fella my home...'
- 'And the weather so breezy/Man why can't life always be this easy?'
- 'I'm just saying, Hey Mona Lisa/Come home, you know you can't Rome without Caesar'
- 'Last night I saw you in my dreams/Now I can't wait to go to sleep/And this life is all a dream/So my real life starts when I go to sleep.'
- 'That man is not in his own way,' - John Mayer on his friend's justified arrogance (From MTV.com)
- 'The one thing I fear for [Kanye] the most is if you keep talking about being the greatest, people eventually are going to want to watch you fail.' - John Mayer (From MTV.com)
- 'It's alright to say 'bitch' and 'motherfucker' on the corner, but when you start operating on a different level you can't talk like that. Fine, you're trying to get some street acceptance. Now that you got that, get back to your roots. You know that's not where you came from. You know that's not how you were raised.' - Ray West (Kanye's father) on Rolling Stone magazine
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On June 8th||Who Also Died On |
Copyright © www.quotesby.net