truman capote Quotes
Truman Capote QuotesDate of Death: 1984-08-25 (Saturday, August 25th, 1984)
Read about file extension history in file extension history DB.
- Disco is the best floor show in town. It's very democratic, boys with boys, girls with girls, girls with boys, blacks and whites, capitalists and Marxists, Chinese and everything else, all in one big mix.
- Venice is like eating an entire box of chocolate liqueurs in one go.
- But my dear, so few things are fulfilled: what are most lives but a series of incomplete episodes
- 'In California, you lose a point off your IQ every year.'
- 'The good thing about masturbation is that you don't have to dress up for it.'
- 'As everyone knows, a fag is a homosexual gentleman who has just left the room.'
- 'Good taste is the death of art.'
- About Jack Kerouac: 'That's not writing; That's typing.'
- 'More tears are shed for answered prayers than for unanswered ones.' (The dedication in his last, unfinished work)
- 'The problem with living outside the law is that you no longer have its protection'
- 'I believe more in the scissors than I do in the pencil.'
- 'Failure is the condiment that gives success its flavour.'
- 'I always felt that nobody was going to understand me, going to understand what I felt about things. I guess that is why I started to write. At least on paper I could put down what I thought.'
- 'Love is a chain of love as nature is a chain of life.'
- 'All literature is gossip.'
- 'Even an attorney of moderate talent can postpone doomsday year after year, for the system of appeals that pervades American jurisprudence amounts to a legalistic wheel of fortune, a game of chance, somewhat fixed in the favor of the criminal, that the participants play interminably.'
- 'Friendship is a pretty full-time occupation if you really are friendly with somebody. You can't have too many friends because then you're just not really friends.'
- 'Fame is only good for one thing-they will cash your check in a small town.'
- 'It was ideal apple-eating weather; the whitest sunlight descended from the purest sky, and an easterly wind rustled, without ripping loose, the last of the leaves on the Chinese elms. Autumns reward western Kansas for the evils at the remaining seasons impose: winter's rough Colorado winds and hip-high, sheep slaughtering snows; the slushes and the strange land fogs of spring; and summer, when even crows seek the puny shade, and the tawny infinitude of wheatstalks bristle, blaze.'
- 'People who are having a love-sex relationship are continuously lying to each other because the very nature of the relationship demands that they do, because you have to make a love object of this person, which means that you editorialize about them. You cut out what you don't want to see, you add this if it isn't there. And so therefore you're building a lie.'
- 'Mick Jagger is about as sexy as a pissing toad'
- At Jesus Fever's funeral;
- 'The brain may take advice, but not the heart, and love, having no geography, knows no boundaries.'
- Miss Amy:'Never trust a nigger: their minds and hair are full of kinks in equal measure.'
- 'She beckoned to him, shining and silver, and he knew he must go: unafraid, not hesitating, he paused only at the garden's edge, as though he'd forgotten something, he stopped and looked back at the bloomless, descending blue, at the boy he had left behind.'
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On ||Who Also Died On August 25th|
Copyright © www.quotesby.net