satchel paige Quotes
Satchel Paige QuotesBirth Date: 1906-07-07 (Saturday, July 7th, 1906)
Date of Death: 1982-06-08 (Tuesday, June 8th, 1982)
Discover how to find info about file extension apk with articles and other interesting information.
satchel paige life timeline
|Satchel Paige becomes the first Negro League player to be voted into the Baseball Hall of Fame.||Tuesday, February 9th, 1971|
- Avoid fried meats which angry up the blood. If your stomach disputes you, lie down and pacify it with cool thoughts. Keep the juices flowing by jangling around gently as you move. Go very light on the vices, such as carrying on in society- the social ramble ain't restful. Avoid running at all times. And don't look back- something might be gaining on you.
- Don't pray when it rains if you don't pray when the sun shines.
- Don't go to college, unless to get knowledge.
- Age is a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it don't matter.
- Ain't no man can avoid being born average, but there ain't no man got to be common.
- Airplanes may kill you, but they ain't likely to hurt you.
- How old would you be if you didn't know how old you were?
- I ain't ever had a job, I just always played baseball.
- I don't generally like running. I believe in training by rising gently up and down from the bench.
- I never rush myself. See, they can't start the game without me.
- I never threw an illegal pitch. The trouble is, once in a while I toss one that ain't never been seen by this generation.
- I use my single windup, my double windup, my triple windup, my hesitation windup, my no windup. I also use my step-n-pitch-it, my submariner, my sidearmer, and my bat dodger. Man's got to do what he's got to do.
- I've said it once and I'll say it a a hundred times, I'm forty-four years old.
- If a man can beat you, walk him.
- It's funny what a few no-hitters do for a body.
- It's not what you don't know that hurts you. It's what you know that just ain't so.
- Just take the ball and throw it where you want to. Throw strikes. Home plate don't move.
- Money and women. They're two of the strongest things in the world. The things you do for a woman you wouldn't do for anything else. Same with money.
- Mother always told me, if you tell a lie, always rehearse it. If it don't sound good to you, it won't sound good to no one else.
- My feet ain't got nothing to do with my nickname, but when folks get it in their heads that a feller's got big feet, soon the feet start looking big.
- My pitching philosophy is simple; you gotta keep the ball off the fat part of the bat.
- Never be unfaithful to a lover, except with your wife.
- One time I snuck a ball on with me and when I went to winding up, I threw one of them balls to first and one to second. I was so smooth I picked off both runners and fanned the batter without that ump or the other team even knowing it.
- The only change is that baseball has turned Paige from a second class citizen to a second class immortal.
- There never was a man on Earth who pitched as much as me. But the more I pitched, the stronger my arm would get.
- They said I was the greatest pitcher they ever saw... I couldn't understand why they couldn't give me no justice.
- When a batter swings and I see his knees move, I can tell just what his weaknesses are then I just put the ball where I know he can't hit it.
- Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching.
- You win a few, you lose a few. Some get rained out. But you got to dress for all of them.
- 'Avoid fried meats which angry up the blood'.
- 'If your stomach disputes you, lie down and pacify it with cool thoughts'.
- 'Keep the juices flowing by jangling around gently as you move'.
- 'Go very light on the vices, such as carrying on in society - the social ramble ain't restful'.
- 'Avoid running at all times'.
- 'And don't look back - something might be gaining on you'.
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On July 7th||Who Also Died On June 8th|
Copyright © www.quotesby.net